Are you a 1 / 3 profile in Human Design? This post is intended to be a high level guide to the 1/3 profile. It is important to mention that there is nothing you need to do with this information. There is no action for you to take. If this information resonates with you, these aspects are things to recognize, accept and celebrate. You may choose to live in the flow of these characteristics instead of resisting them.
What is “Profile” in Human Design?
- In Human Design, the personality or “profile” is represented as a 2 number combination (e.g., 3/5) and can be seen as an archetype for life.
- Profile is “the costume” we wear
- Profile breaks down the way others see you, the way you see yourself, your path to wisdom, the way you interact with others and the way you show up in life.
1 / 3 Profile – The 2 Number Combination in your chart
1 = the Investigator or Inquisitive
- The themes of the “1” aspect is all about introspection, research, discovery and building a strong foundation
3 = the Martyr or Experimenter
- The theme of the “3” aspect is discovery, trial and error and adaptation
1 /3 Profile in Human Design
Here to build a solid foundation
- A 1/3 is here to be in charge of their own life as well as a person of authority in their field of expertise. They have a drive to build a strong foundation from which to work.
- They are here to curate knowledge and information and they do not like sharing what they have learned until they have attained a level of mastery they are comfortable with.
- They will build their security by honoring their investigative nature and becoming a deep subject matter expert in an area that they are passionate about.
- 1/3’s are naturally skeptical and will ask a lot of questions because they like to dig deep and really understand things. This healthy skepticism often enables them to tell when someone is lying.
- It is important that a 1 / 3 is free to move through their discovery process organically so their environments should be supportive of this
- They are in their power when they are able to speak the truth about what is not working.
- Self-discovery is key for the 1/3 – they learn best from life experience.
- Because they prefer to stand on a secure foundation so they may seek out trusted individuals that help them make sense of their trial and error process. But they are not necessarily meant to take advice from others.
- As the 1/3 works through their trial and error process they often find new information that may shake their foundation so they always remember that truth is subjective be willing shift with change.
- 1/3’s often enjoy long hours of introspection and contemplation and find their strength in mastering topics and being recognized as an authority
- 1/3’s tend to be spiritually curious people because they like to understand the deeper meaning of things.
How others see you
- Other people will see you as an “experimenter” that is living life to the full, sometimes getting things wrong and sometimes getting things right.
- Whereas, you see yourself as a person who is organized about the way you process information and learn new things.
If you are interested in all things Human Design, check out the Free Resource Library for free printable PDFs and digital products designed to support your Human Design Journey.
Featured Photo by Erik Mclean on Unsplash
- Levels 1, 2 and 3 Human Design Training by Jenna Zoe at myhumandesign.com
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.