This post covers the High Priestess Tarot Card Meaning in the traditional tarot deck. Featured card is from the Tarot of Pagan Cats
High Priestess – Trust Your Intuition.
Planet: The Moon
Element: Water – Action of emotions, love and affection, dreams, fantasies, pleasure, friendship, social activity, romance, receptivity, nurture and sustainment, protection, empathy, merge, flow, and yield
Hermetic Kabbalah Element: 13 – Gimel
- Intuition, seer, prophetic sight, higher plane, spiritual
- The Fool has mastered forces of the magician and now learns to use and trust his intuition.
- The time has come for the querent to understand that they know what they need to do.
- Querent is on the right path and should follow their intuition.
- Depth; Activity beneath the surface; the whole picture cannot be seen at this point.
High Priestess Tarot Card Meaning In a reading:
- The querent should understand that they are deeply intuitive and it is important to pursue that and live more magically (if they feel called to do so).
- The Priestess is a calling to engage in ritual, trust intuition, practice magick (whatever that means to you).
- It is important to listen to the physical body – the body is not outside of ourselves. Spirit often speaks to us through our body.
- Permission to rethink any resistance we have to our own power or our own abilities to heal ourselves.
- Best to keep intentions or ideas under wraps. Be sure to select the right person for any confidence shared.
- Be authentic in all situations and have complete faith in your feelings at this time.
- This card reminds us that this physical reality of ours can only be navigated with the help of intuition; the gut feeling about what is right and wrong. The rational mind, will and intention are not enough, we also need to listen to the inner self, our soul.
Symbolism in the card:
- Mysteries and secrets.
- Unrealized potential.
- Temple and pillars represent sacred knowledge of duality
- Veil and pomegranates represent abundance of subconscious knowledge
- Cross & crown represent the divine ruler
- Scroll is represents more knowledge & secrets
- Half Moon represents divine feminine and intuition
Embracing our magical selves. Listening to our bodies and following our intuition.
- Distrustful and examining everything.
- Strength is lacking for a deeper commitment.
- Unrealized potential
- Repressed feelings
- Letting only the rational mind and will drive and ignoring one’s intuition.
- Work around intuition, decision making and authenticity
- Use the High Priestess for rituals or spells to invoke / improve personal intuition, our innate authenticity, wisdom and unlocking inner truths for decision making.
Check out the Free Resource Library for free printable PDFs and digital products.
This Tarot of Pagan Cats deck can be purchased here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.