Check out the Free Resource Library for planner-related printable PDF’s and digital products.
Welcome to my DIY Planner Flip-Through. Every year, since 2015, I’ve been making my own planners by hand. The biggest reason is because, I could never find a planner that embodied everything I needed and wanted for the year.
In the beginning, my custom planners were inspired by and adapted from the Bullet Journal Method. If you love planners and pens and you haven’t gone down the Bullet Journal rabbit hole yet I highly recommend it! There are so many amazing people out there creating these amazing bullet journals every year.
Over the years, my planner has evolved into a flexible structure that I found incredibly supportive. I won’t lie, it’s super practical and NOT artist, but it’s helped me get shit done.
This is the last post in a series of videos in which I walk through how I create “the bones” or layout for each section of this custom, hand-drawn planner. In this video, I do a complete walk-through of the entire planner and talk a little more about how I use and adapt each section. If you create your own planners too, please feel free to cherry-pick, adapt or improve upon my basic structure.
Note: I do use a XL Moleskine Classic Squared / Grid notebook (paid link) soft-cover (7.5” x 9.5”) for my planners. It is important to mention this because I have a system of counting dots or squares to make sure things turn out how I want them. If you were to follow along with a different kind of notebook your results may not be exactly the same or you may need to adjust.
Other videos in this series
- CYOP Video 1 – Reflection & Inspiration Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 2 – Vision & Goal Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 3 – Year at Glance View – Link
- CYOP Video 4 – Future Log Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 5 – Quarterly Planning Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 6 – Monthly Goal Setting Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 7 – Monthly Calendar View – Link
- CYOP Video 8 – Mid-Year Review Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 9 – Another Future Log Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 10 – End of Year Reflection Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 11 – Budget Tracker Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 12 – Travel Log Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 13 – Complete Planner Walk-through – This post
In this video I am using the following items
- XL Moleskine Notebook (squared/grid) 7.5 x 9.5
- Morefone Calligraphy Pens (No bleed)
- Zebra M301 7mm Mechanical Pencil
- Phone Ring Light Overhead Mount
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.