This post covers the Empress Tarot Card Meaning in the traditional tarot deck. Featured card is from the Tarot of Pagan Cats deck.
Element: Earth – sensation, materiality, strength, growth, reliability, practicality, accumulation, dependability, caution, sensuousness, stubbornness, possessiveness, productivity
Hermetic Kabbalah Element: 14 – Daleth
- Feminine power, queen of queens, rules with emotion and passion.
- Creativity, sex, fertility, abundance, prosperity.
- Become who you are.
- Promise of growth.
- Life force (chi)
- Cycle of fertility, harvest and enjoyment.
Empress Tarot Card Meaning In a reading:
- Create, create, create, don’t wait!
- Amplify creative energy and be shameless about it. Don’t be afraid to share your gifts with the world.
- Go out into nature, pay attention to natural cycles.
- The querent should question their self love and self care processes.
- Enjoy life, take the time to make something or do something nourishing, delicious or satisfying.
- Fertility: this is a good time to conceive of a project. The seeds that were planted will reap a beneficial harvest. The harvest may be larger than anticipated.
- The end and completion of hard work and sacrifice with rewards for efforts.
Symbolism in the card:
- The Empress’ throne is a lush couch in nature. She is leaning back and she is drawing energy to her. She IS the magnet.
- She often appears pregnant and has a crown of 12 stars.
- Symbol of Venus – the energy of desire. Love, beauty and pleasure. Venus is the sister to the moon (The High Priestess)
- Wheat – harvest, reward, fruits of labor
- This card represents the cycles of seasons, cycles of harvest, cycles of giving, cycles of rest etc.
- The Empress is the integration of all cards before her – ego, intuition, personal power and surrender all wrapped up into one.
- Big cats, sea mammals, cow and bull are often associated with her.
- This card resonates with three of cups and 9 of pentacles.
- She is the integration of all cards before her – ego, intuition, personal power and surrender all wrapped up into one.
- The force that brings things together, she entices and draws energy to her. She is magnetic.
- The Empress is shameless – shame doesn’t exist in her world.
- Positive Mother archetype and self parenting.
- She prioritizes self-care and is comfortable taking up space.
- Feeling disempowered.
- Giving to the point of feeling bitter.
- Neglecting self-care. Meeting everyone else’s needs before taking care of themselves.
- Possible Mother issues.
- There may be a need to heal one’s relationship with sexuality and femininity.
- Creation – The Empress is good for manifestation work or anything that requires creation.
- A great time to invite love, self-love or creative processes into life.
Check out the Free Resource Library for free printable PDFs and digital products.
This Tarot of Pagan Cats deck can be purchased here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.