This post covers the Lovers Tarot Card Meaning in the traditional tarot deck.
Element: Air – thinking, thought, spoken and written communication, strife and conflict, expressions of the mind, logic and rationality, fairness, inquisitiveness, cleverness, nervousness, impersonal
Hermetic Kabbalah Element: 17 – Zayin
- A choice, doubt and hesitation.
- Maturity in partnerships, business, friendships
- Growth and commitment.
- Union of opposites.
- Two units or two beings coming together in some way.
- Liberation – recognizing that we are free.
Lovers Tarot Card Meaning In a reading:
- There are two paths and it is time for a choice.
- There may be doubt and hesitation in where a relationship is at. A choice needs to be made – the outcome of which is of vital importance.
- Ambivalence about a relationship or situation – heart saying one thing and head another. (2 of cups is more of a positive relationship card).
- This card is about soul mates and romantic love, but its also about any choice you need to make; the prompt is to choose what feels right in your mind, body, heart and soul.
- The choice is right when all of the elements align and make you feel good, ‘this is the right way’. Is this situation what you really want?
- Can be an opportunity to look at yourself, are you loving yourself?
- It is in relationship to others that we are challenged and grow the most. An opportunity to see ourselves mirrored in another or situation.
Symbolism in card:
- The Fool faces two new challenges: 1) sex and 2) balance from union with other person.
- Archangel Raphael = healing of emotional and physical
- Garden of Eden = Fertile landscape
- Woman = snake and apple, temptation, emotion, subconscious.
- Man = tree on fire, passion, physical, conscious.
- Volcano = phallic symbol and passion.
- Sun – happiness, positivity, joy, Tree of life, sun sphere.
- Naked = vulnerability. creation, connection
- Making the choice / decision knowing this is the “right way”.
- Exploring curiosity in a healthy way.
- Maturity in partnerships, business and friendships. Growth and commitment.
- Indecision. Losing all if unable to choose.
- Severe break in relationship or wanting the best of both worlds (have my cake and eat it too).
- Quarrels, disagreement separation or divorce. What is real and what is not real?
- Judgements or projections onto others.
- Not seeing others fully.
- Obsessions, obsessive relationships, hysterical need for a person or relationship.
- Either or thinking – when I get x, I will be able to y.
- Spellwork around love, self love, love in life to enhance life.
- Engaging with herbs or art with curiosity.
- Courting new plants, crystals, herbs – getting to know them.
- Collaborations and partnerships
Check out the Free Resource Library for free printable PDFs and digital products.
The Light Seer’s Tarot deck can be purchased here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.