Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Channels in Human Design – For a list of all channels plus links to articles – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Channel 1-8 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the G-Center and Throat Energy Center in the bodygraph chart. If Gate 8 in the Throat Energy Center is connected to Gate 1 with a colored line (not white) this means this channel is activated and the energetics of it are consistently available to you.
What are the Channels in Human Design?
- The Channels in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a channel fully activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Channels Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a channel in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Channels in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 36 channels in the human design chart please CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Channels
Channel of Inspiration (1-8)
The Channel of Inspiration (1-8) connects Throat and G-Center
- For an article dedicated to the Throat CLICK HERE
- For an article dedicated to the G-Center CLICK HERE
Themes associated with the Channel of Inspiration
- This channel brings the energy of creativity, self-expression, and being the role model
- In order for this person to live a truly individual life they must live in alignment with their true self without being influenced by other people.
- Gate 1 looks to Gate 8 for ways to market or promote the work you do. Gate 8 looks to Gate 1 for the creative inspiration that is ready to be shared. If just Gate 8 – the role is to promote OTHER creative work (not their own).
High Expression of the Channel of Inspiration
- You will make an impact on the world around you by giving a voice to self-expression and by fully expressing your unique nature personality. This is accomplished through your voice but it is also through modeling your own individual direction.
- You are here to be a role model and demonstrate what it means to be a self-expressed, creative individual. In this way, you inspire other people to move in new directions and freely express their own uniqueness. This happens just like an artist whose amazing art inspires others to take art lessons.
- This energy also knows whether or not it is able to make a creative contribution to the goals of the group.
Challenge Side of the Channel of Inspiration
- It is important that this leadership energy makes an impact that comes from a place of authenticity.
- The energy of this channel will be more effective when you develop communication skills because this energy is not socially proficient. by itself.
- In order to show up as a role model you will need to be recognized for your gifts. When you are not “invited” to share you may find your message is not respected or well received.
Articles Dedicated to the Gates in this Channel
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Rave BodyGraph Circuitry: A Guide to Channels and Circuits by Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Training
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.