Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Channels in Human Design – For a list of all channels plus links to articles – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Channel 18-58 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Root (square) and Splenic (triangle) Energy Centers at the bottom middle and left side of the chart. If Gate 58 in the Root Energy center is connected to Gate 18 with a colored line (not white) this means this channel is activated and the energetics of it are consistently available to you. (see graphic below)
What are the Channels in Human Design?
- The Channels in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a channel fully activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Channels Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a channel in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Channels in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 36 channels in the human design chart please CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Channels
Channel of Judgment (18-58)
The Channel of Judgment (18 – 58) connects Root Energy Center and the Splenic Energy Center
- For an article dedicated to the Root Energy Center CLICK HERE
- For an article dedicated to the Splenic Energy Center CLICK HERE
Themes Associated with the Channel of Judgment
- A logical energy that recognizes and wants to correct that what is preventing life from being joyful.
- The beauty in this energy is that the instinct for “correction” in Gate 18 informs Gate 58 which is about finding the Joy in Life. Together these energies will clear the path for the expression of joy in life.
- Gate 58 says “more and better” while Gate 18 knows what isn’t healthy or out of balance and needs to be corrected.
High Expression of the Channel of Judgment
- There is a desire to live a vital and full life.
- You may be a perfectionist in the sense that you are driven in the way you see things.
- You are someone who is able to spot what needs to be corrected or fixed.
- This channel brings the energy of “let’s make things better” so you have a nose for how things can be a better version of themselves.
- You may have a sense that something is off or wrong with something. Be ok just sitting with this knowledge. You don’t need to fix everything or every situation.
Challenge Side of the Channel of Judgment
- You may always feel like something is wrong. Know that you don’t always have to a) figure out what is wrong exactly or how it is wrong and b) you don’t always have to fix it (even though you can). Be ok with not knowing exactly or not having to take action.
- You may struggle watching others do things in less than perfect ways. It can be hard when you know exactly how to fix or correct something and you can’t say anything unless you are recognized or asked.
- It is important to avoid wasting energy by using this gift wisely – be sure to pick your battles with care by first waiting to be asked to share your solution. In this way, you will challenge others only when they are most open and ready for a new solution to improve the situation. Otherwise your wisdom may not be heard or misinterpreted as being “judgy”.
- This channel’s energy can be very challenging, especially if you also have the energy for opinions, which is Gate 17 (LINKED) activated in your chart.
Articles Dedicated to the Gates in this Channel
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Rave BodyGraph Circuitry: A Guide to Channels and Circuits by Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.