Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Channels in Human Design – For a list of all channels plus links to articles – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Channel 28-38 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Root (square) and Splenic (triangle) Energy Centers at the bottom middle and left side of the chart. If Gate 38 in the Root Energy center is connected to Gate 28 with a colored line (not white) this means this channel is activated and the energetics of it are consistently available to you. (see graphic below)
What are the Channels in Human Design?
- The Channels in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a channel fully activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Channels Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a channel in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Channels in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 36 channels in the human design chart please CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Channels
Channel of Struggle (28-38)
The Channel of Struggle (28 – 38) connects Root Energy Center and the Splenic Energy Center
- For an article dedicated to the Root Energy Center CLICK HERE
- For an article dedicated to the Splenic Energy Center CLICK HERE
Themes Associated with the Channel of Struggle
- Finding meaning and purpose in life through life’s struggles
- Gate 28 brings insight on whether or not a particular struggle is appropriate to take on. It is able to detect which situations have value and if they are worth fighting for. Gate 38 is the drive to preserve the individual and fight against the outside forces which could distract you from being true to yourself.
High Expression of the Channel of Struggle
- The energy of this channel is all about the ultimate expression of uniqueness by tapping into awareness or intuition. Individuals with this energy are likely to move away from the “status quo”. There is a determination to walk your own path even in the face of resistance. It gives you meaning in life.
- You are someone who has the ability to stand up for what you feel is right. What are the right “battles” to take on? What are the correct situations to advocate for?
- Appreciation for life challenges and understanding that there is more to life than just surviving.
- When you are taking on the struggles that are energetically correct for you, you have the potential to empower others to do the same.
Challenge Side of the Channel of Struggle
- At times it may feel like everything in life is harder for you than it is for other people.
- Your unique path will not always be a comfortable experience nor will it always be well received by other people. It will be important to choose your battles by using your strategy and authority.
- You may struggle finding the right opportunities to explain or express your own truth.
- You may finding it challenging to find right struggles or challenges in life that allow your to live out your purpose.
Articles Dedicated to the Gates in this Channel
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Rave BodyGraph Circuitry: A Guide to Channels and Circuits by Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.