Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Channels in Human Design – For a list of all channels plus links to articles – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Channel 19-49 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Root and Solar Plexus Energy Centers at the bottom middle and right side of the chart. If Gate 19 in the Root Energy center is connected to Gate 49 with a colored line (not white) this means this channel is activated and the energetics of it are consistently available to you. (see graphic below)
What are the Channels in Human Design?
- The Channels in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a channel fully activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Channels Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a channel in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Channels in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 36 channels in the human design chart please CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Channels
Channel of Synthesis (19-49)
The Channel of Synthesis (19-49) connects Root Energy Center and the Solar Plexus Energy Center
- For an article dedicated to the Root Energy Center CLICK HERE
- For an article dedicated to the Solar Plexus Energy Center CLICK HERE
Themes associated with the Channel of Synthesis
- Being sensitive to the spiritual needs of others. This channel is also called the “Channel of the Sensitive”.
- Bonding through touch.
- Gate 19 has a DRIVE to provide what is needed and looks to Gate 49 to actually FULFILL those needs.
High Expression of the Channel of Synthesis
- You are designed to be sensitive to the spiritual needs of others. Especially with those close to you. The three most important needs for others are 1) protecting resources; 2) maintaining the “goodness“ of home territory and 3) clearly understanding the groups belief system. You are here to be aware and sensitive to these needs.
- You have a pressure to connect to others in a way that brings joy and happiness through meeting spiritual needs.
- This energy is ready to do the work that is needed for healthy relationships.
- You may also find that you are someone who is able to balance fairness with the practical.
- Touch is an important aspect of this channel – you are someone who knows how to promote human bonds through touch.
Challenge Side of the Channel of Synthesis
- The ability to understand who belongs and is deserving of the support of the group can be a challenging position to be in.
- You may find yourself in codependent situations because you want to be needed and you have the desire to give support to others.
- Experiencing burnout from working so hard on your relationships that you neglect your own needs.
Articles Dedicated to the Gates in this Channel
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Rave BodyGraph Circuitry: A Guide to Channels and Circuits by Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.