How to know if you have Channel 16-48 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Throat and Splenic Energy Centers in the bodygraph chart. If Gate 16 in the Throat Energy Center is connected to Gate 48 with a colored line (not white) this means this channel is activated and the energetics of it are consistently available to you.
What are the Channels in Human Design?
- The Channels in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a channel fully activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Channels Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a channel in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Channels in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 36 channels in the human design chart please CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Channels
Channel of Wavelength (16-48)
The Channel of Wavelength (16-48) connects Throat and Splenic Energy Centers
- For an article dedicated to the Throat energy center CLICK HERE
- For an article dedicated to the Splenic Center CLICK HERE
Themes Associated with the Channel of Wavelength
- This channel is about knowing when we are well equipped to do something and knowing when we are not. Understanding the scope of your own capabilities.
- Creativity and the art of mastery.
- Gate 16 looks to Gate 48 for resourcefulness and the courage to face any challenges. Gate 48 looks to Gate 16 for the talents and skills that one is deeply identified with or has a desire to refine and perfect.
High Expression of the Channel of Wavelength
- You are designed to combine intuitive depth with repetitive experimentation and practice as you strive to perfect an intrinsic skill. You will discover the “thing” that is worthy of great dedication and constant repetition to achieve mastery.
- When enthusiasm is combined with a long-term dedication to refining your talent, mastery of the pattern eventually transcends the pattern itself, freeing you to express this talent in your own unique way.
- You know when you are well equipped (have the skills) to do something and when you are not.
Challenge Side of the Channel of Wavelength
- Your talents will be expressed through practice over time but that talent and mastery will be recognized by others when the timing is right which can lead to impatience.
- You may also struggle with a “do I have what it takes?” energetic. It is important to own the skills you have and if you question yourself too much, you may get stuck.
Articles Dedicated to the Gates in this Channel
- Featured image photo by JOHN TOWNER on Unsplash
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Rave BodyGraph Circuitry: A Guide to Channels and Circuits by Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.