In this article, I cover compatibility in relationships through the lens of Human Design. I also touch on how chemistry shows up as well. As always, this is a high-level overview. 🙂
For a broader perspective on how human design can support relationships – CLICK HERE and see related articles below.
How to Find Your Energy Type in Human Design
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, and birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Human Design doesn’t say WHO is right for us.
- When it comes to Energy Types, there is no such thing as a perfect pairing or match. Any two energy types can get together and have a healthy relationship.
- Individuals do not need to have the same numbers or share a number. Any two profiles can get together and connect in a healthy way.
- The goal is to preserve each other’s design even if your ego doesn’t like it. What matters in relationships (and your life) are you animating or expressing your gifts in a positive way? Seeing the gifts in others and being fascinated by that.
Compatibility in Human Design
- If we are looking at compatibility in relationships through the lens of Human Design, we must look at the bodygraph chart of two people side by side.
- Compatibility exists in places where two people have the same energy in their chart. This sameness creates ground for common understanding or “friendship” energy (For example – If both people have Gate 49 activated in their chart there is common ground on wanting to change the world in some way.
- Whenever two people are the same it serves them to double down on the understanding and lean into this common ground.
- Examples of “sameness”
- Same Energy Type
- Same Authority
- Same Energy Centers defined or open
- Same Gates or channels activated
- Also Note:
- The places where we have the same gates/energy centers defined means that there is NOT space to receive or take in that energy from the other person. For example, if both people have the same channel (23/43 “Genuis Freak”) when person A shares messages, wisdom, or insights from that channel, it won’t “get in” or internalized by Person B because both people have their own perspective from that channel. They will need to understand that BOTH perspectives are correct
Relationship Chemistry in Human Design
- As you may have guessed, “chemistry” in relationships from a Human Design perspective exists in the places two people have the opposite of what the other person has in their bodygraph charts. These differences can create tension. There may be this push and pull between two people because they experience pressure to be more like the other and vice versa. This is especially true wherever there are completing lines.
- The image above shows an example of completing lines. The bodygraph chart on the left has Gate 12 activated and the bodygraph chart on the right has Gate 22 activated. When these two individuals are in aura with each other they will complete the line or Channel of Openness. When they are together they can use the gifts of their activated gates to create something or express something as if they both had that Channel completely defined.
- Wherever we have differences or chemistry in our charts, there is an opportunity to witness and appreciate the expression of those energies in the other.
- All Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
- How I Use Human Design in My Relationships – CLICK HERE
- Human Design and Relationships – CLICK HERE
- The Energy Types in Human Design – CLICK HERE
- Navigating Love and Relationships – Human Design Perspective – CLICK HERE
- Improving Romantic Relationships – CLICK HERE
- Dating and Human Design Energy Types – CLICK HERE
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Training
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.