In 2021, I was interested in creating digital products fast because I had quit my corporate job and wanted to learn how to create a digital planner for myself. I have always been frustrated in finding a planner that fits my brain and my working style so I was determined to create a custom planner for myself moving forward.
After doing some searching, I discovered this course called the Digital Template Kit and it was instrumental in helping me create my first digital planner. Not only that, but I have been able to take the template and resources provided in this course and create non-planner items such as digital workbooks and journals.
I want to offer you full disclosure before I go any further – the links I provide in this blog post ARE affiliate links meaning that I will receive a small commission if you decide to purchase this course from the links. This is AT NO EXTRA COST to you.
I just want to share this resource in case anyone else is interested and share my honest thoughts about this course.
The “Digital Template Kit”
- Creators – Michelle Rohr & Aimee Johanan
- Both of these women have successful Etsy shops and have sold thousands of digital planners.
- What is included in this course
- Digital Planner template that can be customized using “Apple Keynote” for Mac computers or “Affinity Publisher” for Mac or PC computers.
- Beginner-friendly, step-by-step tutorials walk you through how to customize the template to meet your needs. These tutorials also include how to decorate the digital planner to your taste.
- Custom-made digital paper textures will enhance the look of the planners you create
- 8 realistic coils in the following colors – gold, black, and grey.
- 39 Canva templates that you may use to make graphics to showcase and sell your planner on Etsy etc.
- 16 Canva templates for Pinterest
- 14 templates for Etsy shop banners
- A commercial license so you can sell the digital planners that you make from their template. There are no restrictions so you can sell as many as you like
- Additional information for this course can be found here – CLICK HERE
What I like about this course – The Pros
- The price point for this course was reasonable and felt low risk to me.
- I was able to use take this course and immediately create my own custom, digital planner using Apple Keynote. (See image above)
- I love it that this template has tabs like a regular notebook to allow for easy navigation. These tabs can also be modified in creative ways to really customize your own experience.
- I appreciated the guidance Michele and Amy offer about how to find and use graphics to decorate a digital planner. This was a piece that has always eluded me.
- The step-by-step instructions are well done and it was easy to follow along to create and customize my own digital planner.
- I really like that I always have access to this template to use a starting point to create other digital projects such as workbooks and journals.
Other Thoughts Including Cons
- You will need to decide which software works best for you. “Apply Keynote’ is free for Mac users whereas “Affinity Publisher” needs to be purchased.
- The template can only be customized on a computer or laptop (not on a tablet) because it needs the software.
- I never used the realistic coils in the creation of my own planner so I cannot speak to those.
- I did share some of my planners on Etsy in case anyone else would be interested in purchasing them but I didn’t have great results. I attribute this more to a lack of marketing on my part more than anything else. (I saw it more of a “side project” for me so I didn’t put a lot of effort into it.)
- What is a Digital Planner? CLICK HERE
- A Case for Digital Planners – CLICK HERE
- Pros and Cons of Digital Planners – CLICK HERE
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.