In this article, I am covering a key topic when it comes to dating and Human Design. Specifically, how to leverage your energy type when it comes to navigating connections with new people. It is also worth noting that information also applies to finding new friends.
As always, this is a high-level review because it is impossible to dig into all of the nuances without sitting in front of a specific bodygraph chart. 🙂
How to Find Your Energy Type
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, and birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
Energy Types and Dating
- The most important advice Human Design can offer when it comes to dating is to honor your strategy and authority as you are moving through the world and meeting new people.
- For those who are new to Human Design…
- Strategy is linked to your energy type and it tells you how you are designed to use your energy to attract the things that are meant for you in life.
- Authority is specific to your bodygraph chart and it tells you how you gain clarity to make decisions.
- Simply following our strategy seems like something that won’t make a big impact. It may even feel ridiculous but in theory, the more we can lean into our strategy (and authority) and trust that it will lead us to the right places, opportunities, and people – the more flow we will experience in life including the dating journey. It doesn’t hurt to try this approach especially if you are not seeing the results you want.
- Since Authority is specific to your unique chart, I will focus on strategy in this article. See the information below for each energy type and how they can leverage their strategy when dating.
Generators and Manifesting Generators
- Generator and Manifesting Generator strategy is “to respond”.
- The “to respond” strategy for Generators and Manifesting Generators is to be aware of the signs, ideas, events, projects, and people that the universe is putting in front of them and paying attention to which causes excitement that they can feel in their body. If the excitement isn’t there, that is the universe saying “Don’t do it”. This strategy is NOT about actively looking for things that are going to light them up. It is more about the things that excite them as they are moving through life.
- The Gen and MG must learn not to question their instincts and gut responses. They should NOT try to fit it into a narrative and/or compare themselves to others.
- Applying this to dating
- DO pay attention to the initial gut response about a person and honor that gut response. If you get a bad feeling, walk away. If you get a good feeling, pursue it.
- DON’T get on the apps unless the experience is enjoyable to you and DO get off the apps when they are no longer exciting to you.
- Manifestor strategy is “to inform”
- Manifestors do not need to wait for something external to happen before they act. They are meant to follow their impulses and then inform others around them about what they are doing, reading, thinking about, etc. These impulses are a very specific feeling that tells the Manifestor to do something that comes out of nowhere. They don’t know why or can’t make sense of it. This urge cannot be traced back to logic.
- Applying this strategy to dating
- DON’T assume that “informing” is an aggressive or masculine approach (i.e., “I am doing x, y, z)
- DO inform the individuals you are interested in that you are interested and it can be done in a softer way. For example, share information, something you learned recently, something you see happening in the future. If you identify as female, informing can be done in a subtle, demure, and feminine way.
- Projector strategy is “wait to be invited”
- “Wait to be invited” does not mean that the Projector doesn’t have power. There is power in waiting and making invitations come. The things that come to the Projector are in direct proportion to how well they recognize themselves, how great they think they are, and how grateful they are for their gifts.
- Remember, that not every invitation is energetically correct for you – will need to consult your authority to determine
- Applying this strategy to dating
- DO indulge in your passions, learn new things, and follow your curiosity.
- If interested in trying dating apps, and you identify as female DO NOT use Bumble because the female goes first and you are here to be invited. If you identify as male, Bumble is worth trying.
- DO Be Patient and trust the process of waiting for the right invitation. Patience is crucial for a Projector because pushing for connections can lead to frustration. Allow the universe to bring the right people and opportunities into your life at the right time.
- Reflector strategy is to “wait a lunar cycle”
- The strategy “to wait a lunar cycle” sounds completely unrealistic to anyone reading this. Because Reflectors are lunar beings they are more connected to the energy of the moon than the sun. To be clear the 28-day lunar cycle doesn’t apply to small decisions. It applies to BIG decisions – consider how important is this decision to them.
- The key to for waiting a lunar cycle is to allow time to flow and to get clarity on whether or not something is right for them or not. While they are waiting a lunar cycle, the moon will be lighting up different gates in their bodygraph which will give them information and they should note those intuitive hits. Then at the end, they do an assessment and ask themselves, do I feel expansive or contracted about the thing? Do I feel clear in my body?
- It is important for the Reflector to become familiar with what it is like to trust themselves.
- Applying this strategy to dating
- DO give yourself time and utilize the lunar cycle waiting period to get to know potential partners gradually. Avoid rushing into commitments or decisions, and let the natural flow of time reveal more about the person and the connection.
- DO Observe Consistencies in a person’s energy. During the waiting period, observe how consistent their energy and behavior are over time. Reflectors are highly sensitive to the energies of others, and by waiting, you can better discern whether someone’s energy aligns with your own over the long term.
- All Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
- How I Use Human Design in My Relationships – CLICK HERE
- Human Design and Relationships – CLICK HERE
- The Energy Types in Human Design – CLICK HERE
- Navigating Love and Relationships – Human Design Perspective – CLICK HERE
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Training
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.