In this blog post, I walk through Design vs. Personality in HD bodygraph chart. Using an example Bodygraph Chart this post covers this subject at a high level. (For other posts in this series – see below)
Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
Where to get your bodygraph chart?
If you are interested in getting your Human Design Bodygraph chart similar to the one above – please go to myhumandesign.com.
Design Side vs. Personality Side of the Chart
Personality Side of the chart
- Represented in the column on the right hand side of the chart
- The activations on the personality side are “gifted” at the time of birth.
- The energies on the personality side are considered “conscious”. This means that we probably recognize these energies when they are shared with us.
- Gates or numbers in the chart that are on the personality side of the chart show up in our chart as black lines
Design Side of the chart
- Represented in the column on the left hand side of the chart.
- The activations in this side of the chart are “gifted” about 3 months-ish before we are born.
- The energies on the design side are considered “unconscious”. This means that we likely DO NOT recognize these energies when they are shared with us.
- Gates or numbers in the chart that are on the design side of the chart show up in our chart as black lines
Two Additional Things to note
- The numbers for the Profile come from the first numbers at the top of each column.
- For example, you will see in the photo above that Zahada is a 3/5 Profile. The ”3” can be found in the 64.3 from the Personality Side and the 5 comes from the 35.5 on the Design Side.
- The Incarnation Cross also comes from the Personality and Design columns. The incarnation cross numbers are the top two gate activations from the Personality side and the top two gate activations from the design side.
- If you look at Zahada’s chart above, the top two gate activations on the Personality side are 64/63 and the top two gate activations on the Design Side are 35/5. This is where the incarnation cross numbers come from.
Other posts within this series for your reference
- Gates & Planets – LINK
- Energy Centers – LINK
- Definition and Circuitry – LINK
- The Arrows (aka the 4 transformations) – LINK