Check out the Emotional Authority Human Design Video linked above
In this article, I will discuss how to tune into your emotional authority while also considering your energy type strategy. It is one thing to learn about your strategy and authority in Human Design and it is another to practically live it every day. In addition to providing information about emotional authority in general, I will provide some practical examples for the Generator, Manifestor and Projector energy type below.
Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have emotional authority?
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- On the right hand side of the report under “Chart Properties” you will see your Authority (the way you make decisions). If it says, “Emotional – Solar Plexus” then that means you have emotional authority
What is the difference between Strategy and Authority in Human Design?
- Your “strategy” in Human Design is how you are designed to use your energy in the world and it is also how you attract the things you want into your life. Everything we want in life is ours. The things we want are in an energetic holding pattern until we live in a way that is in alignment with our energy type.
- Your “authority” is how you gain clarity to make decisions. It’s an insight that you can rely on. If you are tuned into it, it will tell you whether or not a “thing” is a “yes” or “no” for you.
What is Emotional Authority?
- With Emotional authority in particular, how something makes you feel will be important to tune into. And you will need to allow time for that insight to come to you.
- The reason you want to allow time for the “yes” or “no” to come to you is because everyone who has emotional authority also has their own emotional wave. An emotional wave is a cycle that ranges between – 1) being in a good mood to 2) feeling neutral or calm, cool and collected and to 3) feeling melancholy or low mood.
- You want to allow time for your emotional wave to move through its full cycle before understanding if something is a “Yes” or “No” for you. Ideally, you want to make the decision when you are in a neutral place because…
- If you are feeling happy and optimistic you may say “Yes” to something that you later figure out is a NO
- If you are feeling melancholy or in a low mood you may say “No” to something that would have been a yes.
- So it is important to allow yourself time to move through your wave and understand how you really feel about the thing in question.
Tips for Emotional Authority
- Buy yourself time before making big decisions
- Sleep on it
- Don’t make big decisions when you are feel desperate or are “in your feels”
- Consider how the idea of the thing in question feels in your body. Does the idea of saying “Yes” make you feel contracted or expansive?
When to Use Emotional Authority
- It is important to leverage your authority for big decisions. How to know if it is a big decision? Ask yourself: “how important is it to me?”
- How to tap into Emotional Authority day to day – Ask yourself, “Will doing this thing, or taking this in or whatever make me feel how I want to feel right now?”
Generator Energy Type with Emotional Authority
- Generator strategy is “to respond“
- When RESPONDING to things, a Generator will feel excitement about doing the thing in question and they should pay attention to that. But how to know if it is REALLY a yes if you have Emotional Authority? Next, you need to tune into your emotional authority by giving yourself time…
- For example, a Generator becomes excited about the idea of moving to Canada. They don’t know why, it doesn’t make sense! But that is ok, they should note that excitement and then allow themselves some time to consider the idea. They should pay attention to how that idea makes them feel over the course of their emotional wave. Specifically, how does that idea make them feel when they are in their neutral, calm, cool and collected state? If it feels like a “yes” then it’s a YES!
Manifestor Energy Type with Emotional Authority
- Manifestor strategy is “to inform”
- The Manifestor will get an urge or inner inspiration to do something.
- For example, a Manifestor has an urge to volunteer at their favorite nonprofit organization. They are not sure why but the urge comes. They should note that urge and even act on it in the sense of doing a bit of research on what it would mean to volunteer. Then they would tap into their Emotional Authority, by seeing how they feel about it over the next day or so. Specifically, how does that idea make them feel when they are in their neutral, calm, cool and collected state? If it feels like a “yes” then it’s a YES!
Projector Energy Type with Emotional Authority
- Projector strategy is to “wait to be in invited
- It is important for the Projector to a) be very clear on their gifts, the things they are good at and could do in their sleep and b) to be confident and grateful for those gifts. They need to recognize the genius in themselves.
- When they embrace their gifts and their passions and start putting their gifts out into the world for others to recognize – the invitations will come.
- When the Projector is recognized and receives an invitation they should use their authority to decide if it is right for them. (Just because you get an invitation doesn’t mean you need to accept it or that it is in alignment for you.)
- For example, a Projector’s talent has been recognized and they receive an invitation to move to a different role in the company – they should ask for some time to think about it (say 2 – 3 days) so they can tune into how this new opportunity makes them feel throughout their emotional wave. Specifically, how does that idea make them feel when they are in their neutral, calm, cool and collected state? If it feels like a “yes” then it’s a YES!
- Emotional Authority Explained – CLICK HERE
- Solar Plexus Energy Center in Human Design – CLICK HERE
- Generator Energy Type in Human Design – CLICK HERE
- Manifestor Energy Type in Human Design – CLICK HERE
- Projector Energy Type in Human Design – CLICK HERE
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.