Check out the Free Resource Library for planner-related printable PDF’s and digital products.
In this post, I walk through another future log layout that I like to use in my planner. Since 2015, I’ve been making my own planners by hand. The biggest reason is because I could never find a planner that embodied everything I needed and wanted for the year.
In the beginning, my custom planners were inspired by and adapted from the Bullet Journal Method. If you love planners and pens and you haven’t gone down the Bullet Journal rabbit hole yet I highly recommend it! There are so many amazing people out there creating these amazing bullet journals every year.
Over the years, my planner has evolved into a flexible structure that I found incredibly supportive. I won’t lie, it’s super practical and NOT artist, but it’s helped me get shit done.
This is the 4th post in a series of videos in which I walk through how I create “the bones” or layout for each section of my custom, hand-drawn planner. In the last video of this series, I will do a complete walk-through of the entire planner and talk a little more about how I use and adapt each section. If you create your own planners too, please feel free to cherry-pick, adapt or improve upon my basic structure.
Note: I do use a XL Moleskine Classic Squared / Grid notebook (paid link) soft-cover (7.5” x 9.5”) for my planners. It is important to mention this because have a system of counting dots or squares to make sure things turn out how I want them. If you were to follow along with a different kind of notebook your results may not be exactly the same or you may need to adjust.
In the video above, I show how I create a simple Future Log Layout
Uses for the Future Log Layout:
- Tracking special dates – birthdays, holidays, events, conferences, sporting events etc.
- Documenting when annual renewals and expenses are due
- Reminders to schedule annual appointments such as doctor visits, pet vaccinations etc
- Documenting important dates / reminders for academic or calendar year
Other posts in this CYOP Video series…
- CYOP Video 1 – Reflection & Inspiration Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 2 – Vision & Goal Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 3 – Year at Glance View – Link
- CYOP Video 4 – Future Log Layout – (this post)
- CYOP Video 5 – Quarterly Planning Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 6 – Monthly Goal Setting Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 7 – Monthly Calendar View – Link
- CYOP Video 8 – Mid-Year Review Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 9 – Another Simple Future Log Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 10 – End of Year Reflection Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 11 – Budget Tracker Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 12 – Travel Log Layout – Link
- CYOP Video 13 – Complete Planner Walk-through – Link
In this video I am using…
- XL Moleskine notebook 7.5″ x 9.5″ (square / grid)
- Morfone Hand Lettering Pen
- Zebra M301 – Mechanical Pencil
- Crayola Supertip Markers
- Kuretake Zig Calligraphy Pens 12 Colors
- Phone Ring Light Overhead Mount
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.