Arrow #1 – Brain & Digestion
Introduction to the 4 Transformations
When you look at your human design chart you will see four arrows at the top. (Get your free chart here). These 4 arrows represent the Four Transformations: digestion, environment, awareness, and perspective.
In a nutshell, the arrows show the ideal way in which we relate to the world around us and how we should take in information. Because each arrow points either left or right there are 16 potential combinations of arrows. (See image below).
This post is not going to cover all of the potential combinations and what each combo means for an individual so I highly recommend booking an appointment with your favorite Human Design expert if you are curious about what your specific combination means for you.
Experts in Human Design advise us NOT to worry about the arrows until we have learned to lean into the strategy and authority of our specific energy type. I agree with this 100% so I wanted to call this out before I go much further.
If you are new to Human Design and your Bodygraph Chart, know that your strategy and authority are the MOST important aspects to focus on.
That said, I am feeling called to speak to the advanced information in the arrows because I think it might be useful in the context of a larger conversation around finding our flow when it comes to productivity.
Arrow #1 (Brain & Digestion) – Overview
- Arrow #1 tells us about the right circumstances that are needed for the brain to thrive and proper digestion of both food and external stimuli.
- It can also tell us whether or not routines will benefit us in our daily life.
Arrow #1 – Left Facing
- This indicates a very active brain and they intake information in a precise way.
- Often structured in how they digest information
- Routine likely feels supportive to this person so it is energetically correct to have consistency in their life.
- Energetically correct for this person to lean on a familiar routine. If not already, consider creating a routine around work or study habits.
- Look for opportunities to do things in a consistent pattern and pay attention to see if this makes you feel productive and cozy.
Arrow #1 – Right Facing
- This indicates a receptive brain that takes everything in – especially the nuances.
- More spontaneous in the way they digest the world.
- Variety and the freedom to do things differently every day likely feels supportive to this person.
- Energetically correct for this person to go with flow so it is often helpful to let go of rigid systems or expectations (especially the pressure to follow a specific schedule).
- No need to plan day ahead of time, its best for you to have a general sense of commitments or what needs to be done and then follow your intuition on when / how you do the things.