Arrow #2 – Body and Environment
Introduction to the 4 Transformations
When you look at your human design chart you will see four arrows at the top. (Get your free chart here). These 4 arrows represent the Four Transformations: digestion, environment, awareness, and perspective.
In a nutshell, the arrows show the ideal way in which we relate to the world around us and how we should take in information. Because each arrow points either left or right there are 16 potential combinations of arrows. (See image below).
This post is not going to cover all of the potential combinations and what each combo means for an individual so I highly recommend booking an appointment with your favorite Human Design expert if you are curious about what your specific combination means for you.
Experts in Human Design advise us NOT to worry about the arrows until we have learned to lean into the strategy and authority of our specific energy type. I agree with this 100% so I wanted to call this out before I go much further.
If you are new to Human Design and your Bodygraph Chart, know that your strategy and authority are the MOST important aspects to focus on.
That said, I am feeling called to speak to the advanced information in the arrows because I think it might be useful in the context of a larger conversation around finding our flow when it comes to productivity.
Arrow #2 (Body & Environment) – Overview
This arrow shows us how we relate to the environment (physical, mental, virtual & energetic spaces).
Arrow #2 – Left Facing
- This individual is here to be observed and show the way.
- Thrives in a structured, consistent environment and will improve in it. They benefit returning to the same place every day.
- Likely feels more grounded and able to focus when in familiar environments.
- Travel and see new places but when you find places you like plan to revisit them often.
- Consider growing “roots in a particular area or region.
- Try to have a dedicated work or eating space
- Put time into making your space comfortable, efficient and aesthetically pleasing.
Arrow #2 – Right-Facing
- This individual is here to be the observer
- This person learns from seeing different types of environments in action.
- Thrives and finds inspiration in creative and/or mutable environments.
- Travel based on intuition is supportive of your creativity and work.
- Moving to new locations based on intuition – consider “will being here allow me to feel the way I want to feel?”
- Change positions or locations throughout a day