Arrow #3 – Perspective
This post discusses the Human Design Arrow – specifically Arrow #3.
Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
Introduction to the 4 Transformations
When you look at your human design chart you will see four arrows at the top. (Get your free chart here). These 4 arrows represent the Four Transformations: digestion, environment, awareness, and perspective.
In a nutshell, the arrows show the ideal way in which we relate to the world around us and how we should take in information. Because each arrow points either left or right there are 16 potential combinations of arrows. (See image below).
This post is not going to cover all of the potential combinations and what each combo means for an individual so I highly recommend booking an appointment with your favorite Human Design expert if you are curious about what your specific combination means for you.
Experts in Human Design advise us NOT to worry about the arrows until we have learned to lean into the strategy and authority of our specific energy type. I agree with this 100% so I wanted to call this out before I go much further.
If you are new to Human Design and your Bodygraph Chart, know that your strategy and authority are the MOST important aspects to focus on.
That said, I am feeling called to speak to the advanced information in the arrows because I think it might be useful in the context of a larger conversation around finding our flow when it comes to productivity.
Arrow #3 (Perspective) – Overview
- This arrow tells us about the framework through which we see the world. Our viewpoint, the way we see life, and the way life appears to come to us.
- This arrow also tells us something about how we get to our goals
Arrow #3 – Left-Facing
- Active perspective. Sees the world in a more specific way because details are important to the picture.
- It is energetically correct for this person to create a detailed plan or timeline. They are likely more comfortable drilling down to understand the details or specifics of things.
- Goal setting – This person is supposed to be clear and specific on the outcome they want. They are here to pick out exactly what they want out of life. It is energetically correct for them to say “I want this thing and I am going to go get it in a balanced and healthy way”.
- Does understanding or knowing the details feel important to you when it comes to projects, experiences or material things?
- Does planning for the future and/or creating timelines feel supportive?
- Does it feel natural to set very clear and specific goals for the things you want in life?
Arrow #3 – Right-Facing
- Peripheral perspective. Sees the world from a broad point-of-view.
- Energetically correct to be agile, make loose plans (or have no plan). Even just having a picture in their mind of what they want is good. Don’t need to iron out of the details of an experience.
- Goal setting – It benefits this person to be more general and let the universe work out the details. They don’t have to know exactly what they want or the specific outcome. They should write the top 3 – 5 things that are important to them. Even just having a picture in their mind of what they want is good. Don’t feel pressured to iron out of the details of an experience.
- Does it feel like a lot of effort or limiting to be very specific about the details of what you want?
- Does it feel more supportive to make loose plans, let go and allow for things to unfold in their own way.
Does more “structure” feel supportive?
Does more “fluidity” feel supportive to you?
To learn more about Arrow #1 (Top Left) click HERE
Learn more about Arrow #2 (Bottom Left) click HERE
To learn more about Arrow #4 (Top Right) click HERE
What does it mean when all of the arrows point left in a chart (aka Quad Left)? – CLICK HERE
What does it mean when all of the arrows point right in a chart (aka Quad Right)? – CLICK HERE
If you are interested in all things Human Design, check out the Free Resource Library for free printable PDFs and digital products designed to support your Human Design journey.