- The Root Energy Center is a motor and pressure center located at the bottom of the bodygraph chart. It is often colored brown and connects to the Sacral, the Solar Plexus and the Spleen energy centers.
- Starting things, creating momentum and energy
Understanding the Energetics of the Root Energy Center
- The Root is a motor and a pressure center that creates momentum inside the body. The energy of this center is about getting things into motion.
- Adrenal glands
Defined Root Energy Center
- For individuals with a defined Root Center pressure can be a good thing for them because it can help move things forward. They can consistently use this energy to kick start things and create momentum.
- This person often trusts in life and is grounded.
- This individual tends to be calm especially when shit is hitting the fan and they likely handle pressure very well.
- If the energy in this center is not being used correctly and the individual is conditioned to function from a very high stress place, it can lead to adrenal burnout.
Undefined Root Energy Center
- The individual with an open Root Center is not designed to run on constant pressure, timelines and tight deadlines.
- When they feel overwhelmed by pressures and deadlines, they need to realize this pressure is not their own but they CAN learn to leverage it and ride the energetic wave of other people.
- It is important for this person to find the balance between feeling the pressure and releasing it vs. taking advantage of the opportunity to ride the energy. If they try to force it, this is when illness begins in the body.
Not self theme
- This person may often be in a hurry to be free of pressure
Root Energy Center Gates
- Traditional Name – The Gate of Wanting
- Theme – The Pressure to be Sensitive
- Traditional Name – The Gate of the Fighter
- Theme – The Pressure to Struggle
- Traditional Name – The Gate of the Provocation
- Theme – The Pressure to Emote
- Traditional Name – The Gate of Contraction
- Theme – The Pressure to Feel
- Traditional Name – The Gate of Inaction
- Theme – The Pressure to Concentrate
- Traditional Name – The Gate of Beginnings
- Theme – The Pressure to Complete
- Traditional Name – The Gate of Drive
- Theme – The Pressure to Transform
- Traditional Name -The Gate of Vitality
- Theme – The Pressure to Perfect
- Traditional Name – The Gate of Acceptance
- Theme – The Pressure to Mutate
If you are interested in all things Human Design, check out the Free Resource Library for free printable PDFs and digital products designed to support your Human Design Journey.
References: The Definitive Book of Human Design – the Science of Differentiation (paid link) by Lynda Bunnel and Ra Uru Hu and Jenna Zoe’s Level 1 and Level 2 Human Design Training
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.