This post is intended to be a mini Seven of Swords Tarot Guide. It is important to mention that the longer you work with the cards the more you will discover how they speak to you. For example, the Seven of Swords does have a theme and traditional meaning but I recommend leaving “space” for the card to speak to you. Over time, you may discover that the card represents unique insights or themes for you personally.
Suit of Swords Summary
Numerology of the #7 – Themes
- Number 7 energy is about the ‘Collective Consciousness’, spirituality, mysticism, intuition and inner-knowing, psychic abilities, esoteric knowledge, introspection, eccentricity, thoughtfulness, understanding of others, natural healer and healing, secrets, myth, ritual, emotions and feelings, inner-strength, endurance and perseverance.
- Positive energies of the number 7 – Inventor, eccentric, thoughtful, spiritual, psychic, natural healer, inner-strength, quick-thinker, wise, discerning, understanding of others, philosophical, endurance, deep contemplation, solitary, independent, mystic, determination, individualist, knowledge-seeking, non-conformist.
- Negative energies are depression, inactivity, pessimistic, dependency and co-dependency, stagnation, lack of persistence, prideful, narrow-mindedness, distance, being argumentative, misanthropic, being resentful, self-righteousness, unwilling and/or unable to share ideas and compromise, limitations and silence.
Seven of Swords Tarot – Upright Meaning
- An array of possibilities is reachable but deception is present
- This card is about making a clean getaway. You’re getting away with something or someone else is.
- A Theft. Can be a literal theft or theft of time and energy.
- There is disingenuous energy around you; pay attention. Do unto others as you would like done onto you.
- Letting the blame fall on others even if it is in your defense.
- Be genuine.
- Watch where you are going, focus on the present, not the past.
- Forgive yourself for mistakes made in the past and move on.
- If you are feeling indecisive, stay grounded and keep your head on straight; think before you act. Your indecision requires you to focus on the present moment in order to make a firm decision.
- Imbalance is present In the querent’s life.
- This card often appears when the individual has let their steel blade rust while having been lost in emotional situations where emotions override logic and reason.
- Commit to finishing one thing before moving on to the next. Take only what is needed..
- Identify the heart of the matter so it can be dealt with quickly.
- Can also mean cleverness and luck. (7 is a lucky number)
- Evading your enemy
- Know who your enemy is, whether it is yourself, another person or a situation.
- The ability to evade detection and to escape unscathed.
Shadow Side of the Seven of Swords
- If you are thinking about doing something unethical, you will get caught
- Be aware as you may be the subject of gossip or slander.
- The thief that stole something from you will be caught.
- Self-sabotage or experiencing instability or insecurity in the current situation
- Avoiding a person, place or situation because the stakes are high. We don’t want to lose what we have gained.
- Consider facing the enemy honestly and resolve the situation
Where to Find the Tarot Decks In Pinterest Pins Linked to this Post
- The Dark Wood Tarot by Sasha Graham
- Tarot Familiars by Lo Scarabeo
- Oraculum Leviathan: Draconian Tarot Deck & Grimoire by Asenath Mason and Bill Duvendack
- Tarot Apokalypsis Deck by Kim Huggins and Eric C. Dunne
- Tarot of Pagan Cats by Lo Scarabeo
- Light Seer’s Tarot Deck by Chris-Anne
- Tarot of the Ages by Mario Garizio
The featured image for this post is by Susanna Marsiglia. Discovered on Unsplash.com.
- My own experience
- The Dark Wood Tarot by Sasha Graham
- Holistic Tarot: An Integrative Approach to Using Tarot for Personal Growth by Benebell Wenn
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.