The 2’s Tarot Card Meaning. This is a post covering the suit of 2’s in the traditional tarot card deck.
The 2’s Tarot Card Meaning Summary
|Themes||Intellect, ideas, & science||Strength, will & ambition||Emotions, creativity & renewal||Wealth, health & abundance|
|Astrology||Gemini, Aquarius, Libra||Aries, Leo, Sagittarius||Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio||Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo|
|2 Card Meaning||Mental cross-road; Decisions||Let go of old; move toward the new; stand in power||Intimate partnership. Harmony or challenges (depends on cards in spread)||Decision over equal options. Working smarter, not harder.|
Numerology of the #2 (Themes)
- Feminine force / energy
- Brings peace and balance
- Coming together or two things: people, ideas, things
- Harmony and teamwork
- Mediation – being able to see both sides
- THEMES – Intellect, ideas, science, unemotional, bold, calculations
- ELEMENT – Air
- ASTROLOGY SIGNS – Gemini, Aquarius, Libra
- DIRECTION – East
2 of Swords Meaning
- Cardinal / Libra energy
- Dwelling, making a decision, at a mental cross-road
- Self-empowered consciousness
- Unemotional decision, decided
- Blind faith
- Peaceful mind – mind at rest and calm
- The challenge of the card is that it can also represent a lazy mind if one is not careful
- Click HERE for a deep dive into the 2 of Swords including upright and reversed meanings
Wands (or Batons)
- THEMES – Inspiration, primal energy determination, strength, will, ambition
- ELEMENT – Fire
- ASTROLOGY SIGNS – Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
- Direction – South
2 of Wands / Batons Meaning
- Cardinal / Aries energy
- Choices – balance of will and dominion
- Card of dominion, rulership, sovereignty and autonomy
- Arrogance. You are the ruler of the roost but preparing for something better
- Letting go of something and moving toward something new
- This card usually shows up when it is advisable for the person to stand in their own personal power, even if it means setting up boundaries to others
- This card also means “owning it” as this phrase states – it tells us when it is time to own who and what we are in an honest and direct way
- CLICK HERE for a deep dive into the 2 of Wands including upright and reversed meanings
- THEMES – emotions, love, healing, renewal, creativity, divination, intuition
- ELEMENT – Water
- ASTROLOGY SIGNS – Cancer, Pisces, and Scorpio
- DIRECTION – West
2 of Cups Meaning
- Cardinal / Cancer Energy
- Choices made, will, decisions made and followed.
- Two lovers intertwined. Love under will and show the harmony of female and male.
- The card of two intimate partners. Can also refer to increased love of self or a preexisting relationship deepening to the next intimate level.
- If this card shows up with 3 of swords it could mean a marriage break up or coupling won’t go as planned or there will be shared sorrow.
Pentacles / Coins
- THEMES – Corporeal, finances, practicality, grounding, health, wealth, manifestation
- ELEMENT – Earth
- ASTROLOGY SIGNS – Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo
- DIRECTION – North
2 of Pentacles / Coins Meaning
- Cardinal / Capricorn energy
- Decision, balance, both decisions valid but one takes priority over the other. Pick a poison. You have choices to work with but what do you really want?
- A harmonious change.
- Working smarter, not harder.
- What do you need in your life that could bring more balance. Find new ways to ground yourself. Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Take time to meditate on choices.
- Evaluate your options. Practicality is what is best right now. Be realistic with your options.
- Change on the physical plane such as moving from one house to another or changes in the body.