Check out the Free Resource Library for planner related printable PDF’s and digital products.
This post walks through a vision and goal layout that I use in my DIY Planner. Since 2015 I’ve been making my own yearly planners by hand. The biggest reason is because I could never find a planner that embodied everything I needed and wanted for the year.
In the beginning, my custom planners were inspired by and adapted from the Bullet Journal Method. If you love planners and pens and you haven’t gone down the Bullet Journal rabbit hole yet I highly recommend it! There are so many amazing people out there creating these amazing bullet journals every year.
Over the years, my planner has evolved into a flexible structure that I found incredibly supportive. I won’t lie, it’s super practical and NOT artistic, but it’s helped me get shit done.
This is the second of a series of videos in which I walk through how I create “the bones” of each section of my custom, hand drawn planner. Please see list of CYOP posts below.
Note: I do use a XL Moleskine Classic Squared / Grid notebook soft-cover (7.5” x 9.5”) (paid link) for my custom planners. It is important to mention this because have a system of counting squares to make sure things turn out how I want them. If you were to follow along with a different kind of notebook your results may not be exactly the same or you may need to adjust.
In the video above, I show how I create layouts for vision and goal planning for the new year.
Downloadable guide available here
Ideas for goal setting categories:
- Family Goals
- Mind, Body and Spirit Goals
- Financial Goals
- Business / Side Hustle Goals
- Social Engagement Goals
- Career Goals
- Education Goals
- Personal Development Goals
- Relationship Goals
- Reading Goals
- Hobby Goals
- Writing Goals
- Travel Goals
- Fitness Goals
- …and many more!
Other posts in this CYOP video series…
- 1st Video – Reflection & Inspiration Layout – Link
- 2nd Video – Vision & Goal Layout – (this post)
- 3rd Video – Year at Glance – Link
- 4th Video – Future Log Layout – Link
- 5th Video – Quarterly Planning Layout – Link
- 6th Video – Monthly Goal Setting Layout – Link
- 7th Video – Monthly Calendar View Layout – Link
- 8th Video – Mid-Year Review Layout – Link
- 9th Video – Another Simple Future Log – Link
- 10th Video – End of Year Reflection Layout – Link
- 11th Video – Budget Tracker Layout – Link
- 12th Video – Travel Log Layout – Link
- 13th Video – Complete Planner Walk-through – Link
In this video I am using…
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.