Check out the Free Resource Library for planner-related printable PDF’s and digital products.
In this post, I walk through a simple Year at a Glance Layout. Since 2015, I’ve been making my own yearly planners by hand. The biggest reason is because I could never find a planner that embodied everything I needed and wanted for the year.
In the beginning, my custom planners were inspired by and adapted from the Bullet Journal Method. If you love planners and pens and you haven’t gone down the Bullet Journal rabbit hole yet I highly recommend it! There are so many amazing people out there creating these amazing bullet journals every year.
Over the years, my planner has evolved into a flexible structure that I found incredibly supportive. I won’t lie, it’s super practical and NOT artist, but it’s helped me get shit done.
This is the 3rd post in a series of videos in which I walk through how I create “the bones” or layout for each section of my custom, hand-drawn planner.
In the last video of this series, I will do a complete walk-through of the entire planner and talk a little more about how I use and adapt each section. If you create your own planners too, please feel free to cherry-pick, adapt or improve upon my basic structure.
Note: I do use a XL Moleskine Classic Squared / Grid notebook (paid link) soft-cover (7.5” x 9.5”) for my planners. It is important to mention this because have a system of counting dots to make sure things turn out how I want them. If you were to follow along with a different kind of notebook your results may not be exactly the same or you may need to adjust.
In the video above, I show how I create Year-at-a-glance layout.
Uses for the Year-at-a-Glance views:
- Circle payday dates with colored pen or highlight with highlighter
- Identify holidays and/or birthdays with a marker or highlighter
- Identify planned vacation time
- Highlight important school term dates
- Habit tracking
Other posts in this CYOP video series…
- 1st Video – Reflection & Inspiration Layout – Link
- 2nd Video – Vision & Goal Layout – Link
- 3rd Video – Year-at-a-Glance – (This post)
- 4th Video – Future Log Layout – Link
- 5th Video – Quarterly Planning Layout – Link
- 6th Video – Monthly Goal Setting Layout – Link
- 7th Video – Monthly Calendar Layout – Link
- 8th Video – Mid-Year Review Layout – Link
- 9th Video – Another simple Future Log Layout – Link
- 10the Video – End of Year Reflection Layout – Link
- 11th Video – Budget Tracker Layout – Link
- 12th Video – Travel Log Layout – Link
- 13th Video – Complete Planner Walk-through – Link
In this video I am using…
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.