How to know if you have Gate 2 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the G-Center which is the diamond shaped center in the middle of the chart. If Gate 2 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
Gate 2 – Gate of the Direction of the Self
Gate 2 lives in the G-Center which is the identity center – it is about love and direction in life.
High Expression of Gate 2
- You can be a visionary in the sense that you understand how to translate an idea into a physical thing, into reality. You know how the physical world works.
- You can also provide the vision by providing the plan or path forward for a new idea but you are not necessarily the one who will do the work or make it happen.
- You may also find yourself directing other people toward the resources they need to support their own creative endeavors. You may discover that by simply aligning to your own sense of direction you automatically empower or confirm in others their own sense of direction.
Challenge Side of Gate 2
- Resisting support from other people and experiencing burnout.
- Feeling like you have to provide the vision, plan or path forward on demand for other people.
The Channel of the Beat – Gate 2’s partnership with Gate 14
- Gate 2 looks to Gate 14 for allies and the power / resources needed that will turn the vision into reality. Gate 14 looks to Gate 2 to leverage the resources so they become a significant catalyst that will empower change in the world.
Is Gate 2 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 2 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 2 is your Personality Sun Gate you will bring your vision for taking ideas and turning them into reality to benefit yourself and other people. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift into the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- Featured image photo by Dzmitry Tselabionak on Unsplash
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- The Global Incarnation Index: Incarnation Crosses by Ra Uru Hu
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.