Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Gates in Human Design – For a list of all articles dedicated to the gates – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Gate 23 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birthday, birth time, and birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Throat Energy Center which is the square-shaped center at the top of the chart. If Gate 23 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Gates in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 64 Gates in the human design chart CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Gates
Gate 23 Gate of Assimilation
Gate 23 lives in the Throat Energy Center which is the manifestation center – it is how we express ourselves and how we manifest vocally.
High Expression of Gate 23
- The energy of this gate is where inner knowing and inspiration is translated into speech through the voice. It is objective, accepts diversity, and has the ability to cut through the noise to create change in the world.
- When you ‘know’ that you have a unique insight about something, you will wait for the right time to express it to others in a straightforward fashion. If you are able to express these insights in a way that can be assimilated by others – your genius will be recognized. If not, your insights may be dismissed.
Challenge Side of Gate 23
- Feeling like you are not being heard.
- It may be challenging to understand the right timing to share your insights or you may find yourself sharing with the wrong people.
- If the timing isn’t right, others will not appreciate or value what is being shared. They may not accept the message or judge it.
The Channel of Structuring – Gate 23’s partnership with Gate 43
- Gate 23 looks to Gate 43 for the unique insight or new perspective that needs to be shared through the voice. Gate 43 looks to Gate 23 for a way to clearly communicate revolutionary ideas and insights.
Is Gate 23 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located on the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 23 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 23 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to fulfill your purpose by sharing your inspired ideas at the right times and to the right people to create change in the world. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.