Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Gates in Human Design – For a list of all articles dedicated to the gates – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Gate 40 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Ego or Heart Energy Center which is the small triangle shaped center on the right side of the chart. If Gate 40 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Gates in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 64 Gates in the human design chart CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Gates
Gate 40 Gate of Aloneness
Gate 40 lives in the Ego or Heart Energy Center which is a motor center – it is a motor that drives willpower and can be an influential force in the world.
High Expression of Gate 40
- The energy of this gate is a sense of being alone even when you are with your family or in a group of people.
- In the highest expression, you know how to say no and set boundaries. You are able to use willpower appropriately to make things work effortlessly.
- But there is conundrum in your life – you have a strong drive for independence but, at times, you also want to belong to a group or community. Alone time to recover is important so that you can establish your sense of independence.
- Part of your work-related satisfaction comes from feeling appreciated, being rewarded for your efforts and delivering what you promised.
Challenge Side of Gate 40
- Experiencing loneliness or a lack of connection to their group or community. Not knowing how to replenish yourself and experiencing burnout. Trying to be a hero for others
- The central challenge is to balance work with rest to avoid burnout. Watch out for over-promising and over-working to prove your value and earn rewards.
- Giving can be codependent – “if I give people will like me”. Whatever way of giving comes easy to you is the way you should be giving but you should not be giving just for the sake of giving.
- Loneliness (which is different from aloneness) can be a painful low experience of this energy, feeling like you are on the outside looking in, wanting to be part of the group but feeling like you don’t belong.
- If you are not feeling appreciated or supported by the family or group, or if agreements are not being honored, you may withhold the “fruits of your labor” and not share or contribute the results of your hard work. You may also withhold forgiveness as a way of exerting your will.
The Channel of Community – Gate 40’s partnership with Gate 37
- Gate 40 looks to Gate 37 for recognition, community and friendship that will benefit from the resources it carries. Gate 37 looks to Gate 40 for the work, skills and resources that are needed to ensure the community will be supported and successful.
Is Gate 40 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 40 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 40 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to fulfill your purpose by finding the balance between individuating yourself from your community while also contributing in a way that will improve the circumstances of the group. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.