Are you a 5/1 profile in Human Design? This post is intended to be a high level guide to the 5/1 profile. It is important to mention that there is nothing you need to do with this information. There is no action for you to take. If this information resonates with you, these aspects are things to recognize, accept and celebrate about yourself. You may choose to live in the flow of these characteristics instead of resisting them.
If you are curious about what your profile is in the Human Design System go to myhumandesign.com to get your bodygraph chart.
What is “Profile” in Human Design?
- In Human Design, the personality or “profile” is represented as a 2 number combination (e.g., 3/5) and can be seen as an archetype for life.
- Profile is “the costume” we wear
- Our profile breaks down the way others see you, the way you see yourself, your path to wisdom, the way you interact with others and the way you show up in life.
5/1 Profile – The 2 Number Combination in your Human Design chart
5 = the Savior, Messenger or Heretic
- The theme of the “5” aspect is making things universal, forecasting, “the General”
1 = the Investigator or Inquisitive
- The themes of the “1” aspect is all about introspection, research, discovery and building a strong foundation
5/1 Profile in Human Design
The Challenge Solver
- 5/1’s are constantly curious, problem solvers, and researchers. They are also thorough and very dependable when they are doing work that they enjoy. As a keen observer of the world around them, preparedness, as well as correct timing, is essential to their success.
- While they love the end result, they also love the process. They like starting new projects, people or challenges. The 1 side will investigate until they have a secure foundation of knowledge. Once they have that they will be prepared to impact society.
- The 5/1 should follow their strategy and authority to guide them to the right circumstances and timing for building their practical foundation
- The internal life of the 5/1 is the person who does things differently, dares to go against the grain but the outside world sees “the investigator” – the one who is constantly curious
Designed to be change agents
- 5/1’s are designed to have encounters with others that can be important and potentially mutative for both parties. They help people break habits of seeing things the old way.
- Others feel, without even knowing them that the 5/1 has something potentially important and helpful that they need. This projection draws people to them, providing them with the ability to have the encounters in life that are needed in order to live out their unique life purpose
Taking on the right problems is key
- Because they attract the projection of others, it is very important that the 5/1 only agrees to help when it’s the RIGHT projection. The correct situation will be one that they enjoy and they KNOW they will be able to deliver the practical solutions that are needed.
- If they take on problems that are not energetically correct for them, they will feel insecure and unsure. They may not have a great experience.
Energetically correct to be suspicious of others
- It is energetically correct for the 5/1 to be suspicious or unsure about the expectations of others and it is important for them to not say “YES” to things they know they can’t fulfill.
- Because they can sense the force of other people’s projections and do not like to disappoint or let others down, they need to be careful to find the balance. What feels good vs. what is too much?
It is important to not take on too much
- Too much responsibility can make the 5/1 feel bitter and cynical but they need to take on enough that they feel efficient, effective and connected to their purpose.
The featured image for this post is by Ben Mathes Seibel. Discovered on Unsplash.com.
- Levels 1, 2 and 3 Human Design Training by Jenna Zoe at myhumandesign.com
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.