How to know if you have Gate 18 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Splenic Energy Center which is the triangle shaped center on the left side of the chart. If Gate 18 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Gates in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 64 Gates in the human design chart CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Gates
Gate 18 Gate of Correction
Gate 18 lives in the Splenic Energy Center – which is an awareness center – it is designed to tap into the environment and alert us when something isn’t right or healthy.
High Expression of Gate 18
- This gate holds the energy of discovering, identifying and challenging what needs to be corrected. It is the desire to restore the joy in life by finding what can be corrected or improved.
- You have an intuitive understanding of what needs correcting, what is “off” in a pattern or what needs to be improved. It is your way of cleaning out what isn’t healthy or restoring vitality to something that has been corrupted.
Challenge Side of Gate 18
- Perfectionism, fear of judgment, or being overly judgmental or critical.
- It is important to learn the right timing to share your “correction” insights with others otherwise it can come off as always finding fault, “judgy” or critical. It is best to share your insights after you are asked for your advice or opinion.
- You may never feel satisfied because it is hard to find the perfection you seek.
- This is a projected channel so the correction energy needs to be ASKED FOR before being shared.
The Channel of Judgment – Gate 18’s partnership with Gate 58
- Gate 18 looks to Gate 58 for the energetic fuel to improve things thereby bringing vitality and joy to life. Gate 58 looks to Gate 18 for the splenic awareness on which improvements that need to be made.
Is Gate 18 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 18 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 18 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to fulfill your purpose by discovering and pointing out the things that need to be corrected, fixed or improved. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- Featured image photo by Daria Nepriakhina 🇺🇦 on Unsplash
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.