Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Gates in Human Design – For a list of all articles dedicated to the gates – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Gate 58 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the square Root Energy Center at the bottom of the chart. If Gate 58 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Gates in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 64 Gates in the human design chart CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Gates
Gate 58 Gate of Focus
Gate 58 lives in the Root Energy which is a pressure center – the pressure to start or initiate things.
High Expression of Gate 58
- The energy of this gate has the ability to sense when something is unhealthy or weak. With this energy, you may experience a pressure to be perfect but you are not a perfectionist in the traditional sense. This energy is about being driven in the way you see the world.
- You bring an energy of “how do we make things better?” You are able to see when something is weak or unhealthy and you may feel a pressure for things to get better even though you may not be the right person to do anything about it.
- There is a drive to see how things can improve and there may be a desire to contribute something of value by correcting anything that keeps society from achieving and maintaining well-being and health.
- This energy provides the fuel logic needs to test the viability of patterns, formulas, rhythms and directions that are moving humanity forward. You are someone who can provide others the energy that is needed for them to move from talking about doing something to actually doing something about it.
Challenge Side of Gate 58
- You may have a tendency to find fault or be overly critical. You may be the person that always thinks something is wrong especially if circumstances aren’t improving.
- Experiencing difficulty expressing joy or feeling shame for experiencing joy. Feeling bitter instead of joyful or feeling like joy takes effort.
- It is important that you don’t create a negative story (e.g., I am not good enough) if you encounter a situation that you can’t fix or improve.
The Channel of Judgement – Gate 58’s partnership with Gate 18
- Gate 58 looks to Gate 18 for the splenic awareness on which improvements that need to be made. Gate 18 looks to Gate 58 for the energetic fuel to improve things thereby bringing vitality and joy to life.
Is Gate 58 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 58 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 58 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to fulfill your purpose by pushing to make things better – healthier and more vital. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.