Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Gates in Human Design – For a list of all articles dedicated to the gates – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Gate 35 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birthday, birth time, and birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Throat Energy Center which is the square-shaped center towards the top of the chart. If Gate 35 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represents the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics, or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high-level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way toward ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning,, we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBooks – The Gates in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 64 Gates in the human design chart CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Gates
Gate 35 Gate of Change
Gate 35 lives in the Throat Energy Center which is the manifestation center – it is how we express ourselves and how we manifest vocally.
High Expression of Gate 35
- The energy of this gate has the drive to explore, adapt, create change, and break new ground. This individual may crave new experiences because they enjoy new challenges. This is an energy of “seizing the moment,” and living life to the fullest.
- This individual will learn new skills quickly which gives them a wide range of knowledge and capabilities.
- They may love to speak about their own experiences and the experiences of others.
- They are usually more interested in finding new challenges than they are in repeating experiences that would lead to mastery.
- These individuals may consider themselves a “jack of all trades, master of none”. They are more interested in the experience itself instead of the actual result. They will learn from what others have been through and it helps them sort through things on an emotional level.
- If they can stay objective, sharing their experiences can bring wisdom, change, and progress to those around them and to all of humanity.
Challenge Side of Gate 35
- Feeling jaded, overconfident, restless, bored or going after things that aren’t truly fulfilling
- They may be overly selective about what they share or they may need to be careful not to overshare the mundane or other people’s stories without permission. They should make sure that they are sharing experiences that have value in it.
- If they are feeling bored because nothing interesting is happening, they may leap into new adventures, and even bring others along with them, without considering the consequences.
- The energy of this gate can bring a jaded quality of “been there, done that” leaving them feeling bored and disengaged.
- They also may have the sense that nothing lasts in life. They may feel let down if a new experience doesn’t meet their expectations.
The Channel of Transitoriness – Gate 35’s partnership with Gate 36
- Gate 35 looks to Gate 36 for the emotional experiences that will feed its desire for progress, new experiences, transformation, and change. Gate 36 looks to Gate 35 to provide an outlet for emotional experiences to be manifested or expressed through the voice.
Is Gate 35 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 35 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 35 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to fulfill your purpose through sharing experiences that can bring wisdom, change, and progress to yourself and others around you. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.