How to know if you have Gate 36 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birthday, birth time, and birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the triangle-shaped Solar Plexus Energy Center on the right-hand side of the chart. If Gate 36 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What is the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represents the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics, or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high-level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way toward ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning,, we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
Gate 36 Gate of Crisis
Gate 36 lives in the Solar Plexus Energy Center which is a motor and awareness center – it is about emotional awareness and may inspire action.
High Expression of Gate 36
- The energy of this gate is about the journey to express change by pushing through vulnerabilities and inexperience. This energy can also show up as waiting for clarity and/or going down rabbit holes to find it.
- This person will gain emotional clarity over time. They will learn how to handle the emotional crises created by other people and they will avoid creating emotional crises for themselves over time. This can show up as cyclical energy – crisis or situation, reflection, and the expression of change followed by relief and then around again.
- They will look at their own experiences of personal crises as lessons learned because they are here to master their own experiences and situations. This experience prepares them to assist or help others solve their own situations if they are called to do so.
Challenge Side of Gate 36
- Experiencing a heightened fear of inadequacy.
- Creating chaos to relieve the boredom they are experiencing.
- Being impatient and taking a risk (or making a “leap”) before making sure it is the right course of action.
- Embracing changes in life but still holding on to the past.
The Channel of Transitoriness – Gate 36’s partnership with Gate 35
- Gate 36 looks to Gate 35 to provide an outlet for emotional experiences to be manifested or expressed through the voice. Gate 35 looks to Gate 36 for the emotional experiences that will feed its desire for progress, new experiences, transformation and change.
Is Gate 36 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 36 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 36 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to fulfill your purpose through your ability to push for transformation for yourself and others. By mastering your own inexperience and emotional situations, you will be positioned to assist or help others solve their crises too. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- Featured image photo by Håkon Grimstad on Unsplash
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- The Global Incarnation Index: Incarnation Crosses by Ra Uru Hu
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.