Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Gates in Human Design – For a list of all articles dedicated to the gates – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Gate 48 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birthday, birth time, and birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Splenic Energy Center which is the triangle-shaped center on the left side of the chart. If Gate 48 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represents the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high-level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way toward ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning,, we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Gates in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 64 Gates in the human design chart CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Gates
Gate 48 Gate of Depth
Gate 48 lives in the Splenic Energy Center – which is an awareness center – it is designed to tap into the environment and alert us when something isn’t right or healthy.
High Expression of Gate 48
- The energy of this gate is a powerful awareness and potential to bring logic and workable solutions to existing problems.
- You have an instinct for mastery, mentorship and being prepared through resourcefulness.
- You also have a nose for inadequacy and can tell when all of the necessary ingredients in something are present or missing.
Challenge Side of Gate 48
- Experiencing an intense fear of inadequacy and feeling like you don’t know enough to start something new. The fear is more than “I am not good enough” – it is about looking for reasons not to do something because you think you are not qualified enough or don’t have the right skills. Because of this you may stay in your comfort zone or seek credentials that are not needed to prove to yourself that you can do something.
- You may also be inclined to over-prepare for things.
The Channel of the Wavelength – Gate 48’s partnership with Gate 16
- Gate 48 looks to Gate 16 for the talents and skills that one is deeply identified with or has a desire to refine and perfect. Gate 16 looks to Gate 48 for resourcefulness and the courage to face any challenges.
Is Gate 48 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 48 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 48 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to fulfill your purpose by bringing workable solutions to existing problems. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.