Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Gates in Human Design – For a list of all articles dedicated to the gates – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Gate 5 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birthday, birth time, and birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Sacral Energy Center which is the second straight up from the bottom of the chart. If Gate 5 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represents the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics, or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high-level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way toward ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning, we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Gates in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 64 Gates in the human design chart CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Gates
Gate 5 Gate of Fixed Patterns
Gate 5 lives in the Sacral Energy Center which is a motor center – it is designed to respond and generate life force.
High Expression of Gate 5
- The energy in this gate enjoys fixed rhythms and tempos in life.
- Leaning into your own natural rhythms will keep you tenacious, vital, and healthy so it is important to embrace and lean into the natural rhythms or rituals you feel attracted to.
- You may have a preference about the way you like to live or experience your 24-hour cycle – embrace it.
Challenge Side of Gate 5
- Having difficulty with sudden schedule changes or the unexpected popping up in your day. Ignoring your need for routine,
- Not listening to your own natural rhythms or rituals and buying into external conditioning that you should adopt a specific routine. Doing this can be physically, emotionally,, and mentally destabilizing for you which could manifest as insecurity, poor health, or unhealthy behaviors.
- They should be encouraged to break away from external expectations and the need to fit in with everyone else.
The Channel of Rhythm – Gate 5’s partnership with Gate 15
- Gate 5 looks to Gate 15 for the acceptance of the natural rhythms needed for vitality and for the balance needed to live in flow with life. Gate 15 looks to Gate 5 for the rhythm and discipline needed for focus and achieving mastery in some areas of life.
Is Gate 5 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located on the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 5 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 5 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to fulfill your purpose by honoring the natural rhythms in your life that you are attracted to or intuitively know will benefit you. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.