Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Gates in Human Design – For a list of all articles dedicated to the gates – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Gate 51 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Ego or Heart Energy Center which is the small triangle shaped center on the right side of the chart. If Gate 51 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Gates in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 64 Gates in the human design chart CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Gates
Gate 51 – Gate of Shock
Gate 51 lives in the Ego or Heart Energy Center which is a motor center – it is a motor that drives willpower and can be an influential force in the world.
High Expression of Gate 51
- There is a need or drive to impact others. You have the ability to shock and make an impact in a positive way. You can be a catalyst with the ability to transcend your own ego.
- You are here to help others transform their perspective by initiating (or shocking) them out of their normal point of view into seeing something different and or shifting their awareness.
- This energy provides you the resilience to handle the shocks that may come your way and you may like to test yourself and see if you can be the first or best at something.
- The very highest expression of this energy is challenging the self to embrace spirit and unconditional love, then challenging others into this personal growth as well.
Challenge Side of Gate 51
- Trying to control everything, feeling very competitive or measuring your self-worth by comparing yourself to others.
- Some risk-taking is positive and creates forward momentum, but should beware of foolish risks that may cause real danger.
- One of the greatest gifts here is the ability to shock or stun people for their own good, but if the other person is not ready to be challenged in this way, the result may not be what was intended.
The Channel of Initiation – Gate 51’s partnership with Gate 25
- Gate 51 looks to Gate 25 for guidance and direction for the next initiation. Gate 25 looks to Gate 51 for the courage to take on the next challenge.
Is Gate 51 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 51 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 51 is your Personality Sun Gate, you are to impact others in a positive way by shifting people out of their old perspective so they see things in a new way. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift into the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.