In this article, I am sharing my opinion on the Human Design Gates that you should read first (or really understand) if you want a deeper understanding of your Human Design. Let’s get right to it!
Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Gates in Human Design – For a list of all articles dedicated to the gates – CLICK HERE
What are the Gates in the Human Design Bodygraph Chart
- First the “gates” are represented by the numbers in the Human Design Bodygraph chart.
- These numbers represent the gifts, talents, energies and drives that are consistently available to use as we move through life. These are things to embrace about ourselves and lean into.
- We can use the energy of these gates towards ourselves (or others) in a positive or a negative way
- We can embody the energy of these gates from a place of lack and fear or we can embody it with truth and abundance
- We may also find that we shy away from the energy or shut it down because of external conditioning we have experienced. For example, if you have a creative energy in your chart but your family values logic then you may not embrace your creative gift.
So which gates (gifts) should you read first?
You will want to focus your energies on these gates. Also see examples below.
- Your Personality Sun Gate
- Your Incarnation Cross Gates
- A Gate that is solo (or the only activation) in an Energy Center
- The Gates associated with a solo channel in a bodygraph chart
Personality Sun Gate
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
Incarnation Cross Gates
- Your Incarnation Cross is essentially your life theme. It is your purpose in life and the energy that you are here to bring to the things you do in the world.
- There are 192 Incarnation Crosses or life themes
- Your life theme will naturally come into play if you are living in alignment. This is another reason why it is important to follow your Energy type strategy and authority.
- The energy of your life theme will usually come into play around your astrological “mid life crisis”. (About age 30s – 40s)
- Your life theme does not tell you what you are supposed to do with your life – it does not tell you if you are meant to be a lawyer, a doctor, an IT expert or an actor. You will naturally take the energies of your life theme and bring them to your passions. This is how you will bring the gift of your life theme to impact the collective in some way.
A Gate that is solo in an Energy Center
- A “solo” gate activation can appear in a defined (colored) or undefined (white) energy center in your chart.
- When there is only 1 gate activated in an energy center it is the universe’s way of telling you to pay attention to THIS gift.
The Gates associated with a solo channel in your bodygraph chart
- A “solo” channel in a bodygraph chart is when there is only ONE channel in a bodygraph chart. This is NOT a common occurrence.
- So if your unique bodygraph chart has only one channel in it, this is the universe’s way of telling you that this gift or energy is very important to why you are here.
- Finding Your Purpose in Life through the Incarnation Cross – CLICK HERE
- All Gates in Human Design – CLICK HERE
- All Channels in Human Design – CLICK HERE
- Human Design Index (a list of all Human Design articles on my site) – CLICK HERE
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.