Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Gates in Human Design – For a list of all articles dedicated to the gates – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Gate 10 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the G-Center which is the second square up from the bottom of the chart. If Gate 10 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Gates in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 64 Gates in the human design chart CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Gates
Gate 10 – Gate of the Behavior of the Self
Gate 10 lives in the G-Center which is the identity center – it is about love and direction in life.
High Expression of Gate 10
- In this lifetime it is important for you to individuate and lean into who you are authentically. You are someone who is meant to help others love life by loving your own. This is the embodiment of self-empowerment in its best iteration. You have the potential to surrender to living authentically as yourself (when guided by strategy and authority).
- This is about a true awakening through surrender – not trying to be “something” – but just being who you are. When you are living in the highest expression of this energy, others around you will feel more empowered for having been in the presence of it. The highest expression of SELF LOVE is showing people, by example, how to love themselves.
- Being able to love life in the face of challenges even when everything isn’t great.
Challenge Side of Gate 10
- Playing the victim or blaming others because anything that goes wrong could not possibly be your fault.
- Experiencing self-loathing and feeling disempowered.
- May feel depressed when their love of life isn’t strong. Do whatever it takes to keep your love of life strong.
The Channel of Exploration – Gate 10’s partnership with Gate 34
- Gate 34 looks to Gate 10 for the code of behavior that is in alignment with your true self to ensure successful interactions no matter the circumstances. Gate 10 looks to Gate 34 for empowerment of aligned action. This energy will be focused on social behaviors or roles that support your strong convictions.
The Channel of Awakening – Gate 10’s partnership with Gate 20
- Gate 10 looks to Gate 20 for the manifestation or expression of the true, authentic self. Gate 20 looks to Gate 10 for the aligned behaviors or commitments that need to be manifested or expressed.
The Channel of Perfected Form – Gate 57’s partnership with Gate 10
- Gate 57 looks to Gate 10 as the conduit of an authentic, healthy and joyful life through creative expression. Gate 10 looks to Gate 57 for the intuitive wisdom that will ensure individual survival through behavior and interactions with others.
Is Gate 10 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 10 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 10 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to experience self-empowerment by truly surrendering to your true nature and individuating yourself authentically. The more you embody your authentic self, the more you will show others how to embrace their own authenticity as well. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.