Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Gates in Human Design – For a list of all articles dedicated to the gates – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Gate 20 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Throat Energy Center which is the square shaped center at the top of the chart. If Gate 20 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Gates in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 64 Gates in the human design chart CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Gates
Gate 20 – Gate of the Now
Gate 20 lives in the Throat Energy Center which is the manifestation center – it is how we express ourselves and how we manifest vocally.
High Expression of Gate 20
- You are fiercely individual and an “in the moment” truth teller. You can be charismatic and an influential unifying voice that pulls people together for a shared purpose.
- You are someone who is supposed to “call it like it is” but in a fun and enthusiastic way that is attractive to people. You are able to cut through the noise and communicate in an influential way that creates change.
- By being fully present and aware in the moment, this perspective supports your survival, your intuitive knowing, your right action, and your self-focus.
Challenge Side of Gate 20
- Learning to trust your right timing for sharing truths or feeling a pressure to act when it is not the right time. When you do not have awareness IN THE NOW and are not taking the time needed to be fully present, you may get your timing wrong and miss your opportunities for “right action”.
- Trying to do everything by yourself,
- You may feel lonely or experience melancholy as the energy in this gate is not social. There may be times when you experience a longing for social acceptance or “belonging” but then there are periods where you just don’t need it.
The Channel of Awakening – Gate 20’s partnership with Gate 10
- Gate 10 looks to Gate 20 for the manifestation or expression of the true, authentic self. Gate 20 looks to Gate 10 for the aligned behaviors or commitments that need to be manifested or expressed.
The Channel of Brainwave – Gate 20’s partnership with Gate 57
- Gate 57 looks to Gate 20 to express its intuitive survival awareness through the voice. Gate 20 looks to Gate 57 for the intuitive survival information that needs to be shared.
The Channel of Charisma – Gate 20’s partnership with Gate 34
- Gate 34 looks to Gate 20 for “in the moment” information that turns understanding into the right actions that will impact people around you. Gate 20 looks to Gate 34 as a source of energy that empowers the self toward individuation and celebrates uniqueness of self. You are empowered to act on your own behalf and turn your thoughts into reality through your voice.
Is Gate 20 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 20 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 20 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to express truths in the moment and use your voice to influence others and pull people together for a shared purpose. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.