How to know if you have Gate 21 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birthday, birth time, and birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Ego or Heart Energy Center which is the small triangle-shaped center on the right side of the chart. If Gate 21 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represents the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high-level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way toward ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning,, we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
Gate 21 Gate of the Hunter or Huntress
Gate 21 lives in the Ego or Heart Energy Center which is a motor center – it is a motor that drives willpower and can be an influential force in the world.
High Expression of Gate 21
- This gate brings the energy of making money and controlling resources. Those with this energy will have an instinct on how to use resources wisely. They are here to control their circumstances and they may generally thrive in positions of control within their family, and community company. Control is both a “need” and a “gift” for this. In the highest expression, they support the sustainable abundance and wise use of resources for the benefit of the family/community/business through their dependable skills and care.
- There is a willingness to work hard, but to feel successful this person must have some amount of control over their situation because they have a strong drive for independence and dislike feeling dependent on or controlled by others.
Challenge Side of Gate 21
- Being a control freak about money and material resources. Perhaps even being a bit materialistic. This “control freak” energy may cause this person to dig their heels in, be stubborn and engage in power struggles.
- This individual may try to prove that they are in control and their ego may try to dominate others.
- Trouble delegating responsibilities to others for fear of losing control of the project or situation.
- Experiencing a lack of mentality, being overly conservative with resources and spending.
- Generally resisting what you can’t control in life. The deep lesson of this energy is in learning to surrender to that which cannot be controlled.
- All of these behaviors can potentially cause stress, burnout, and even heart problems.
The Channel of Money – Gate 21’s partnership with Gate 45
- Gate 21 looks to Gate 45 to protect the material resources and for the authority to manage and control those resources. Gate 45 looks to Gate 21 for the skills needed to manage its material resources so there is a healthy balance between work and rest.
Is Gate 21 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 21 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 21 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to fulfill your purpose through your ability to control and manage resources. Resources may include money, land, food, materials, and human resources. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- Featured image photo by Artem Kniaz on Unsplash
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- The Global Incarnation Index: Incarnation Crosses by Ra Uru Hu
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.