Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Gates in Human Design – For a list of all articles dedicated to the gates – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Gate 28 activated in your bodygraph chart.
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Splenic Energy Center which is the triangle on the left in the chart. If Gate 28 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Gates in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 64 Gates in the human design chart CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Gates
Gate 28 – Gate of the Game Player
Gate 28 lives in the Splenic Energy Center which is an awareness center – it is designed to tap into the environment and alert us when something isn’t right or healthy.
High Expression of Gate 28
- This is an energy that is willing to take risks and face challenges head on (in a healthy way) and appreciate the meaning that comes from the struggles in life.
- You bring a lighthearted spirit when facing adversity.
- This energy is stubbornly focused on intuitively listening for which risks will make you feel more alive and lead to the correct struggles which will bring a sense of purpose to your existence.
- You are likely willing to take on risks that others wouldn’t dream of having the courage to do.
Challenge Side of Gate 28
- Struggling with victim mentality and / or feeling defeated by life or that life is unfair.
- Taking on wrong struggles or experiencing unnecessary resistance and exhaustion from life. Struggling with addiction or substance abuse.
The Channel of Struggle – Gate 28’s partnership with Gate 38
- Gate 28 listens with instinctive awareness for which risks and challenges are energetically correct for Gate 38 to take on so it can relish in a “good fight” and do more than “just survive”.
Is Gate 28 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 28 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 28 is your Personality Sun Gate it means you are here to leverage your intuition to engage in the risks or challenges that are energetically correct for you to feel alive. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift into the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.