How to know if you have Gate 42 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the Sacral Energy Center which is the second square up from the bottom of the chart. If Gate 42 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
Gate 42 Gate of Growth
Gate 42 lives in the Sacral Energy Center which is a motor center – it is designed to respond and generate life force.
High Expression of Gate 42
- The energy of this gate is the tenacity needed to complete a cycle in order to realize its potential for growth and transformation.
- You are someone who can turn mistakes into advantages because you have the ability to accept mistakes as part of growth.
- You are not a “bull in a china shop”. You are intentional and the person in the room who can bring understanding, structure or order to a concept or idea.
- When a situation or new project is weak or insufficiently supported, it may make you feel uncomfortable.
- There may also be a desire to complete things (or projects) but there may be other energies in your chart counteract or compliment this.
Challenge Side of Gate 42
- Having trouble kick starting a new project or cycle.
- Holding onto something for too long or finishing projects that are not energetically correct for you and experiencing burnout.
- It is important that you commit to those things that are energetically correct for you as it may be difficult to remove yourself from something that they have committed to.
- You may also experience analysis paralysis and unnecessary caution.
The Channel of Maturation – Gate 42’s partnership with Gate 53
- Gate 42 looks to Gate 53 for the initial spark to get a new project or cycle started. Gate 53 looks to Gate 42 to complete or finish the projects and cycles that have been started.
Is Gate 42 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 42 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 42 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to fulfill your purpose by completing things or cycles that have been kickstarted by you or other people. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- The Global Incarnation Index: Incarnation Crosses by Ra Uru Hu
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.