Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
All Gates in Human Design – For a list of all articles dedicated to the gates – CLICK HERE
How to know if you have Gate 53 activated in your bodygraph chart
- Go to myhumandesign.com and go to “Get Your Chart”.
- Input your birth details including birth day, birth time, birth location.
- NOTE – Information in the bodygraph chart is VERY sensitive to birth time so it is important to have an accurate birth time if possible.
- Look at the square Root Energy Center at the bottom of the chart. If Gate 53 has a circle around it with a colored line coming from it this means this energy is activated or consistently available to you.
What are the Gates in Human Design?
- The Gates in a Human Design body graph chart represent the gifts, talents, motivations, energetics or drives that are consistently available to us. If you DO NOT have a gate activated or colored it doesn’t mean you never have access to that energy. It just means it’s not a reliable or constant energy in your life.
- Everyone has the potential for 26 individual gates to be activated in their bodygraph chart, however, if you look closely, you may find that you have gates appearing multiple times in the two columns on either side of the chart. This is a common occurrence.
- There are 64 Gates in a bodygraph chart and each gate has a theme that is related to the 64 I Ching hexagrams. If you would like a deeper understanding of the gates, I highly recommend deep diving into the Chinese I Ching hexagrams.
- Lastly, it is worth noting that there are MANY layers to all aspects of the chart including the gates. This article is intended to be a high level summary.
How the Gates Can Show Up Energetically in our Life
- We can use the energy of a gate in a positive or negative way towards ourselves and/ or other people.
- We may embody the energy with lack and/or fear OR we can embody the energy with truth and abundance.
- Because of external conditioning we have encountered, we may shy away from the energy and choose NOT to see it as a part of ourselves. We may not want to embrace it and shut it down instead.
What does a Black Line vs. a Red Line vs. a Striped Line Indicate?
- Black Lines represent gifts that we are likely more conscious and aware of.
- Red Lines represent gifts that we are likely less conscious and aware of.
- Striped (both black and red) lines represent gifts that are both conscious and unconscious.
eBook – The Gates in Human Design
- If you are interested in learning the meaning of ALL 64 Gates in the human design chart CLICK HERE for my eBook on the Gates
Gate 53 Gate of Beginnings
Gate 53 lives in the Root Energy which is a pressure center – the pressure to start or initiate things.
High Expression of Gate 53
- This is the energy of new beginnings and starting new projects or efforts to begin the cyclical process of maturation and development. It is about correctly deciding where to commit your energy so that you can initiate a cycle, see it evolve and leave seeds for the future.
- Within you is a want to get moving and get things going. Your body is literally creating the energy inside you and it may feel like restlessness.
- Trust that when you really need the pressure to start something new, the energy will be there for you.
- You will take what you learned from the experience and share the wisdom with others.
Challenge Side of Gate 53
- Starting new projects but not finishing them. This person should be careful not to create a story around the pressure they feel to start things. Just accept it as it is and extend yourself grace for not finishing everything you start.
- Be careful to avoid feeling like you are not good enough to start something new or that you are not good enough in general. Let it be and live through it.
- It can create anxiety if you are not listening to the urge to start new things.
The Channel of Maturation – Gate 53’s partnership with Gate 42
- Gate 53 looks to Gate 42 to complete or finish the projects and cycles that have been started. Gate 42 looks to Gate 53 for the initial spark to get a new project or cycle started.
Is Gate 53 your “Personality Sun Gate”?
What is a Personality Sun Gate?
- Personality Sun Gate is the top number located in the Personality Side of the chart. If you are looking at the bodygraph chart you will see two columns on either side. The column on the right is the Personality side. The number at the top is your Personality Sun Gate.
- Many say that your Personality Sun Gate is 70% of your energy – it is the thing you are here to do and share with the world. The energies of this gate will be expressed throughout your life journey and the work you choose to do.
- It is worth noting that we often see our Personality Sun Gate as a flaw earlier in life and then later embrace it as a gift.
Gate 53 as your Personality Sun Gate
- If Gate 53 is your Personality Sun Gate you are here to fulfill your purpose by starting new things, projects or cycles that will lead to transformation or maturation in some way. It is important to note that you may not be the one to FINISH these projects – someone else may be there to pick up the torch and complete it. If you lean into your strategy and authority, you will naturally bring this gift to the things you are passionate about. The way this energy will express itself will be unique to you.
- The Definitive Book of Human Design: The Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnell and Ra Uru Hu
- Jenna Zoe myhumandesign.com Level 1 – 3 Reader Trainings
- Incarnation Cross: A Guidebook of Purpose Archetypes by Brynja Magnusson
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.