What is “Authority” in Human Design?
- In Human Design, “authority” is how we gain clarity to make decisions.
- Think “BIG” decisions – not every little decision you need to make throughout a day. Big decisions = how important is it to you? For example, getting a new job or relocating to a new city.
- There are 7 different “authority types” in Human Design. Sacral authority is one of them.
How do I know what my “Authority” is?
You can discover your Human Design Authority type for FREE by going to myhumandesign and putting in your birth date, birth time and birth location. When you put in this information you generate a bodygraph chart that includes a bunch of information including your energy type, strategy and authority.
The Energy of this Authority
- Listening to Sacral means listening to your gut responses. Something feels right or wrong and you can’t always explain why.
- In Human Design, your “gut response” is different than “instincts”. (Instincts are live in the Splenic Energy Center as a survival mechanism – see also Splenic Authority)
How It Works
- You will have clarity in the now when you are tuned into your gut responses. Your gut will give you a clear cut decision or direction based on the excitement level.
- Open ended questions are challenging for sacral responses – it is better if the sacral can respond to choices.
- Gut responses are a physical response of excitement – can feel like butterflies in your belly, sitting up straighter, or a tingling in your spine. It is important to pay attention and figure out how your gut responses show up for you.
- When you have a sacral response something will feel right / wrong but there may not be a logical reason as to why.
- Because the sacral does not do well with open ended questions. It is better if others can ask you specific binary questions – For example, “do you want to have pizza or steak for dinner” vs. “what do you want for dinner?” The first question will be easier for the person with sacral authority to respond to.
If you are curious about the other Authority Types in Human Design…
- Emotional Authority – LINK
- Sacral Authority – This blog post
- Splenic Authority – LINK
- Ego Authority – LINK
- G-Center Authority – LINK
- Mental Authority – LINK
- No Inner Authority – LINK