What is “Authority” in Human Design?
- In a nutshell, “authority” is the way we gain clarity to make decisions. When you are presented an opportunity or a choice in life – how do you know what the right decision is for you? How do you know if something is in alignment for you? Your Human Design Authority is how you achieve clarity to know the right path forward.
- Authority is especially useful when you are making “BIG” decisions such as accepting a new job or relocating to a new city.
- There are 7 different “authority types” in Human Design. Emotional authority is one of them.
How do I know what my “Authority” is?
You can discover your Human Design Authority type for FREE by going to myhumandesign and putting in your birth date, birth time and birth location. When you put in this information you will generate a bodygraph chart that includes a bunch of information including your energy type, strategy and authority.
Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
The Energy of this Authority
- This energy lives in the Solar Plexus Energy Center.
- You have your own emotional wave you can rely on.
- Your emotional wave is very much like ocean waves – it has a consistent cycle and it provides you information that you can use to help make decisions.
- Your emotional wave can also be like a “mini-gas” tank that gives you bursts of energy that can move you to do or say something.
How It Works
- You have an emotional pattern or cycle that will move you within the spectrum of happy to melancholy. You will also experience a “neutral” feeling or emotion during this cycle.
- It is important for you to wait until your mood is “neutral” or you are feeling cool, calm and collected before making a decision. You’re not designed to know in the now.
- Getting to know the pattern or cycle of your emotional wave is incredibly helpful and helpful to those around you. Keeping a journal over time may help identify your emotional wave.
- You may find that you experience an emotional release that can look like – crying, raging, cleaning the house, speaking your truth or new found energy to start something new (creative project for example).
- Sleep on it before making big decisions.
- Do not make decisions when you are feeling desperate for an answer or solution. Allow space for the “yes” or “no” to come to you.
- Emotional Authority in Human Design – LINK
- In the article above I do a walk through of how emotional authority works with the Generator (to respond), Manifestor (to inform) and Projector (wait to be invited) strategies.
Other Authority Types in Human Design…
- Emotional Authority – this blog post
- Sacral Authority – LINK
- Splenic Authority – LINK
- Ego Authority – LINK
- G-Center Authority – LINK
- Mental Authority – LINK
- No Inner Authority – LINK
If you are interested in all things Human Design, check out the Free Resource Library for free printable PDF’s and digital products designed to support your Human Design Journey.