What is “Authority” in Human Design?
- In a nutshell, “authority” is the way we gain clarity to make decisions. When you are presented an opportunity or a choice in life – how do you know what the right decision is for you? How do you know if something is in alignment for you? Your Human Design Authority is how you achieve clarity to know the right path forward.
- Authority is especially useful when you are making “BIG” decisions such as accepting a new job or relocating to a new city.
- There are 7 different “authority types” in Human Design. Ego authority is one of them.
How do I know what my “Authority” is?
You can discover your Human Design Authority type for FREE by going to myhumandesign and putting in your birth date, birth time and birth location. When you put in this information you will get a bodygraph chart that includes a bunch of information including your energy type, strategy and authority.
Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
The Energy of this Authority
- The energy of this authority lives in the “Ego” or “Heart” Energy Center.
- The energy of this authority is “If I want it to happen, I will make it happen”.
How it Works
- The energetics of the Ego / Heart center is not a thoughtful or reflective process.
- The Ego center is about motivation and will power.
- This center has more space to talk. It is a loud voice that says “Do I selfishly want this thing or not?” or “Will this help me feel like I am more in my power even if I can’t explain why?”
- Pay attention and understand how this Authority speaks to you.
- With this authority, it is important for you to just start talking about what you want to do and then pay attention to the things you say you want to. Doing this will help you bypass the Mind (Ajna) Center, which wants to analyze, rationalize and problem solve.
- The idea is to hear, through your own voice, what you want, and then take action based on the energetic response of the Ego / Heart Center. Your voice is what leads you and your heart/ego say “yes” or “no”.
- An energetic “yes” that feels like your heart is being drawn to the “thing” in question.
- An energetic “no” feels like you are being pulled away from the “thing” in question.
If you are curious about the other Authority Types in Human Design…
- Emotional Authority – LINK
- Sacral Authority – LINK
- Splenic Authority – LINK
- Ego Authority – this blog post
- G-Center Authority – LINK
- Mental Authority – LINK
- No Inner Authority – LINK