What is “Authority” in Human Design?
- In a nutshell, “authority” is the way we gain clarity to make decisions. When you are presented an opportunity or a choice in life – how do you know what the right decision is for you? How do you know if something is in alignment for you? Your Human Design Authority is how you achieve clarity to know the right path forward.
- Authority is especially useful when you are making “BIG” decisions such as accepting a new job or relocating to a new city.
- There are 7 different “authority types” in Human Design. G-Center (or Inner) authority is one of them.
How do I know what my “Authority” is?
You can discover your Human Design Authority type for FREE by going to myhumandesign and putting in your birth date, birth time and birth location. When you put in this information you will get a bodygraph chart that includes a bunch of information including your energy type, strategy and authority.
Human Design Index – For a list of all Human Design articles on my site – CLICK HERE
The Energy of this Authority
- This authority lives in the G-Center
- Only Projectors will have this authority
- The voice of this center often expresses itself as an intense inner knowing.
How it Works
- With this authority you may find yourself saying to yourself, “I JUST KNOW! I don’t know why or how, but I know what I know.”
- This authority is a gentle, subtle knowing that something is right for you or something isn’t.
- Only you will be able to understand or recognize this knowing and it’s not your responsibility to do anything but get to know and to trust how it shows up for you. Some have described it as a physical sensation near the center of the chest when they have this knowing.
- You have a strong sense of direction and clarity comes when you share your thoughts with others. You will be able to tell which direction you should be going in by speaking out loud to others.
- To be clear, you do NOT need their advice – you just need the process of putting thoughts into words to a sounding board. The idea is to hear, through your own voice, what you want, and then take action based on the energetic response in your G- Center.
- Your voice is what leads you and your G-Center says “yes” or “no”.
If you are curious about the other Authority Types in Human Design…
- Emotional Authority – LINK
- Sacral Authority – LINK
- Splenic Authority – LINK
- Ego Authority – LINK
- G-Center Authority – this blog post
- Mental Authority – LINK
- No Inner Authority – LINK