The 12 Personality (Profile) Archetypes
- In Human Design, the personality or “profile” is represented as a 2 number combination (e.g., 3/5) and can be seen as an archetype for life.
- Every individual has a profile archetype and there is not necessarily anything the we need to do about it.
Why is profile important?
- Understanding our archetype is another opportunity Human Design gives us to accept ourselves and remove any conditioning we may have had against our archetype. These are things we are doing naturally and if we can embrace it, we can live in the flow of it.
- This archetype is something we may want to celebrate a bit more.
The Profile 2 number combinations
- Profile – 1st number
- The description of this number will likely resonate with the individual more because it is considered to be the more conscious number.
- This number describes the life of the individual (from their point of view), their internal life and how the see themselves.
- Profile – 2nd number
- The description of this number is likely less familiar or may not be able to see as well.
- This number describes how others see the individual from the outside.
- Where are the profile / personality numbers located in a chart?
- Profile numbers are the decimal place numbers after both the personality (Right) and Design (Left) sun gates. They are put together in that order.
Profile Archetypes by Number
|Profile Archetype||Archetype Energy|
|6 – The Role Model||Optimism, Buddha, Peacemaker|
|5 – The Heretic||Leadership, the General, the Savior|
|4 – The Opportunist||Friendliness, the People Person|
|3 – The Martyr||Trial & Error, Adaptation, the Experimenter|
|2 – The Hermit||Talent, the Natural, Guru|
|1 – The Investigator||Introspective, Chameleon, Researcher|
The Profile / Personality Archetype Themes
|1/3 Investigator / Martyr||The Establisher of Knowledge and Truth|
|1/4 Investigator / Opportunist||The Omniscient Teacher|
|2/4 Hermit / Opportunist||The Easy Breezy Genius|
|2/5 Hermit / Heretic||The Reluctant Hero|
|3/5 Martyr / Heretic||The Great Life Experimenter|
|3/6 Martyr / Role Model||The Living Contrast|
|4/6 Opportunist / Role Model||The Regal Authority Figure|
|4/1 Opportunist / Investigator||The Unique Journey|
|5/1 Heretic / Investigator||The Challenge Solver|
|5/2 Heretic / Hermit||The Self-motivated Hero|
|6/2 Role Model / Hermit||The Exemplary Human|
|6/3 Role Model / Martyr||The Responsible Adventurer|
This description is intended to be high-level and not a deep dive into profiles.
If you are interested in all things Human Design, check out the Free Resource Library for free printable PDFs and digital products designed to support your Human Design Journey.
References: The Definitive Book of Human Design – the Science of Differentiation by Lynda Bunnel and Ra Uru Hu (paid link) and Jenna Zoe’s Level 1 and Level 2 Human Design Training
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some links on this blog post may be affiliate links that can result in small commissions & help support the site.